0.3, charlie conway

A/N- This is set in D3, where the ducks are 14-15 and in Eden Hall.

"You're gonna do what?" One of my best friends asks, following me around the rink, looking for that one person.

"I have already explained it all to you a billion times! How many more?" I tell him, making sure the coast is clear.

"Until it doesn't sound stupid enough! You're sounding crazy!" He screamed, making me put my finger to his mouth. He removes my finger and wipes his lips.

"Your hand tastes like ice." He finally whispers, running after me to another hiding spot.

"All I was saying was I don't understand why we are doing this. Is there a reason for this?" He asks, making me turn around to look at him. 

"Adam, I'm going to explain this one more time to you, and this time listen carefully. Charlie thinks that I'm in Florida right now, and I won't be home for another 2 weeks."

He nods understanding. 

"Okay? And I want to make this a surprise that I came home early while he's at practise, so that he's completely off guard. So, we're trying to get to the locker room without anyone seeing us, or else people will tell him that I'm here. And if they also see you, they will also conclude that I'm here." I finish. "You get it?"

"Yes! Now why did you not just say that in the first place?"

"I did Adam!" I whisper-shout to him, turning back around to make sure no one heard me.

"Now, we're only halfway across the rink, and it gets harder because there is less places to hide so this is where I leave you my friend."

"Wait what? You're leaving me here?" He asks in a frantic tone.

"We can't both hide in the small spaces, and besides he's my boyfriend."

He shrugs in agreement and sitting against the wall, hiding. "Good luck." He said, grabbing a comic to read. 

I hear people coming, and I duck behind the desk. This is gonna be a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I continue to move forward, without anyone seeing me.

I then see his locker room. Hoping he wasn't in there right now, I run towards the door, opening it then quickly shutting it behind me.

Lucky for me, no one was in here. I give myself a high five, proud of my excellent sneaking and hiding skills. No one saw me, and this was the perfect surprise for Charlie.

I haven't seen him in almost a month due to a family emergency that happened. And I was so eager to see him sooner, my mother let me go home early because they had almost resolved the situation. 

To pass the time, I read a magazine that was in his locker. After thirty minutes, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, meaning one thing, that Charlie was done with his practise with coach. 

But to my surprise, it wasn't Charlie. It was Guy.

"Y/n?" He says, while shutting the door and coming in.

"Guy? What are you doing here? Where is Charlie?" I ask, standing up from the bench.

"Charlie just went home. He finished with coach and didn't need to come back here." He said as I sigh. 

"I was supposed to surprise him after practise as I managed to come home early, and it was going to be all cute." I say, sitting back down again on the bench. But then I look up at Guy.

"Wait, why are you in here?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows.

"I thought Charlie had my stick." I sigh and grab my bag.

"I guess I'm going to Charlie's house." I tell him. "And getting Adam."

"Okayyy, happy that you're home Y/n. And don't tell Charlie that I was in here." He said to me, as I wave my hand to say goodbye.

Instead of dodging and hiding as I did before, I just went straight to where Adam was. I can't believe he went home! He ruined my cute plan!

"Y/n?" I hear behind me, making me stop dead in my tracks when I heard that voice. Turning around, I saw Charlie looking at me like he's seen a ghost or something. So much for him going home.

I run up to him, hugging him tightly while he picks me up, spinning me around.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Florida!" He says, setting me down.

"My mom let me come home early. I wanted to see you." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

He kisses me passionately, holding onto me tightly. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming to practise?" He asks, breaking the kiss while still holding onto me like I would disappear.

"I wanted to surprise you, so I snuck into the locker room, and you weren't there. And then Guy told me you went home." I say.

"Yeah, I was about to, but I'm glad I didn't." He said.

"I'm glad you didn't either. I don't think I could've waited another fifteen minutes while I skated to your house." I tell him and he smiles.

"If we were at my house right now, I would do a lot more than kiss you." He whispered in my ear.

"Dude, we're fourteen!" I say to him. 

"I know, I was kidding okay! Movies and cuddles at mine?" He says, I let go, but Charlie was still holding onto me. He kisses me again, making butterflies in my stomach appear.

"Perfect." I said against his lips, grabbing his hand. I smile looking into his eyes and then pulling him towards me where Adam was hiding. 

"Wait." He said, stopping us, making me look back at him.

"Why was Guy in the locker room?"