Prologue

Prolouge - The Special Present

______•○•______
•○•

"In the whole history of the world there is but one thing that money can not buy... to wit- the wag of a dogs tail."

- Josh Billings

______•○•______
•○•

L a d t hT r a m p

______•○•______
•○•

It was a calm and peaceful winters night with snow covered roofs and dimly lit windows. The holiday lights faintly shimmering under the Christmas' white blanket. The jingling of bells sounding off in the distance as horse drawn carriages pulled along the icey roads. The snow falling gently on Christmas carolers singing their joyful tunes as they hugged on tighter to their winter coats and scarfs.

The trees baring no leafs and bushes in piles of glittery wonder. The town looked in a sort of winter wonderland state with the bright streelamps to replace the missing stars in the night sky.

One of the houses, at the end of a street had a homely feel and a family of three. Just from outside you could see their large Christmas tree and on their patterned glass door there adorned a festive wreath.

What's in the house? I suppose you're asking. Well, at this very moment under the tree a very special present is waiting to be seen.
It was round in its shape like a hat box and had yellow and pink stripes, and a white bow on top. Now if you're wondering who its addressed to, worry not I'll tell you. It was for the young eighteen year old daughter of Mr and Mrs Dear.

Jim in a blue robe picked up the box and handed it to his daughter, who sat on the floor with a light blue nightgown, her hair tied with a dark blue bow. Her mother beside her with brown hair and pink cloths smiled warmly, hugging her close.

"It's for you (Y/n), sweetheart." Her mother explained her husbands actions. "Merry Christmas." They said to her together.

"Oh, mother! Father! It was the one I was admiring, isn't it?" The (h/c) girl questioned curiously as she untied the bow. The lid began moving and bouncing so she lifted it up.

"Well. It has a ribbon." Her father said jokingly.

She let out a small gasp at what she saw. A young cocker spaniel with big droopy eyes and a red bow. "Aw, how sweet." She cooed lifting up the puppy as it licked the side of her face making her chuckle.

"You like her sweetheart?" Her mother asked resting a hand on her shoulder as she continued to watch the dog.

"Oh, I love her. What a perfectly beautiful little lady." (Y/n) replied happily holding the puppy closer to her.

They all got ready for bed and Jim and the young girl showed her new puppy her dog bed. Jim placed the dog into the basket with a small blanket as she excitedly jumped around. "There now a nice little bed for you."

"But father, what if it's too cold for Lady?" (Y/n) questioned concerned for her new companion.

"There now (Y/n), she'll be fine now come on you should be heading to your room now at least to rest. You don't want to be getting sick now." Her father grasped her shoulder and kissed her head goodnight, as she left out the door and headed to her room.