Chapter Three

Chapter Three - Runaway Puppy

______•○•______
•○•

L a d y & t h e T r a m p

______•○•______
•○•

It was an early sunday dawn when (Y/n) was sitting by her mother and drinking warm cups of tea for breakfast.

"So sweetheart have you met any new people recently?" Her mother asked taking a short sip of her tea.

"Mhm. In fact I met him a couple days ago. With Charles and Samual there of course." (Y/n) smiled into her cup remembering the charming man she met. He was truthful, mischievous... and handsome. As much as she didn't like the thought if dating in fear of it being just for fun and games she wouldn't mind dating someone like him. She felt the tips of her ears tingle almost as if something they were cotton.

'You are crazy (Y/n), you've just met the man and I think I forgot to ask him something... was it his age? No no I can't out my finger on it." The thought was stuck on the edge of her mind like a crotchet pattern that lost track of stitches.

Her mother returned a cheeky grin. "A boy you say? What was his name?" Her mother questioned causing (Y/n) to halt her sipping a look of realisation dawning on her.

"I knew I forgot something." She mumbled in embrassment as she brushed the frizzy mess of unbrushed hair from her tired eyes.

Her mother chuckled as (Y/n) took another sip of tea the warm liquid overwhelming her senses and relaxing her.

Hopefully she'll meet him again and get his name.

______•○•______
•○•

April... the baby was born and (Y/n) felt relaxed yet nervous. What if something happened? With her self depriving thoughts rushing in from the night before she shoved them out of her head. She needed to get over it because in what right did those snot faced laze about woman have to say anything about her. She was as good as it gets, a smart and pretty girl.

Now anyways back to the baby, and if your wondering what gender it is well-

"Yes, Aunt Sarah, its a boy." Jim joyfully called down the phone. "Uh-huh, a boy. And... what's that?" Jim tugged his blue dressing coat closer to his form. Lady pranced around him curiously. "Eyes? What colour are they? Well, oh, gosh, I forgot to look." Jim hurried upstairs.

"A boy. It's a boy, it's a... Doctor." He ran back down to the doctor in excitement. "Doctor it's a boy!"

"Yes, yes, I know." The doctor grumbled before exiting the home.

______•○•______
•○•

A long cry and gurgle of a baby sounded through the home as birds chirped lightly in greeting of eachother on the blossom tree outside the child's window.

Lady's thoughts
(Y/N)'s thoughts
Both thoughts

Lady sat and pondered by (Y/n), who suddenly stood and began slowly heading upstairs.

'What is a baby?'

'Why have a baby?'

They made their way out of the door way. Sure (Y/n) had met babies and seen them plenty, but she had never lived with one. Lady looked upwards.

'I just can't understand.'

They both edged towards the stairs (Y/n) gently placing her hand on the railing. Twisting to take the first step.

'It must be something wonderful.'

'It must be something grand.'

'Coz everybody's smiling.'

'In a kind and wistful way.'

'In a sweet and loving way.'

'And noone but (Y/n) noticed that I'm around today.'

'And noone even questioned why I went out today.'

Jim skipped downstairs, whistling a merry tune as he passed (Y/n) and Lady without a second thought.

'What is a baby anyway?'

'Why have a baby anyway?'

They both thought before a cry came from the nursery.

'What is a baby?'

'Why have a baby?'

'I must find out today.'

'What makes Jim Dear and Darling.'

'What make my mum and dad.'

'Act this way?'

They creeper closer to the door. The baby's coos could be heard as (Y/n) pushed the door ajar to see her mother holding her brother. And Lady nudged her nose into the wooden entrance opening it slightly wider.

The two saw Darling place the boy into his crib and rock it back and forth singing La La Loo a lullaby that was often sung to children in (Y/n)s family. It almost made herself fall asleep as Lady went closer to the crib her owner in tow.

Jim allowed and even helped Lady get a better view of the baby as she looked in wonder. Darling gently grasped the fingertips of her daughters soft hands and beckoned her closer. The young girl looked closer as Darling began finishing her lullaby. Lady's tail wagged happily. (Y/n) contently starring at the boys peaceful face as he slept. Maybe now she understood why people have babies.

______•○•______
•○•

(Y/n)s parents were going away and Aunt Sarah was coming to stay. Even though (Y/n) didn't mind looking after her brother alone her parents insisted. She should used this time to go outside the said... Oh well...

Why did she shut lady outside!?

______•○•______
•○•

Words : 839
Vote
Comment
Share
:)

A/N : OMG GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT I LOST MY DISNEY + AND MY FRIEND IS LETTING ME USE HERS