Chapter 18

"Seriously, you two are kinda freaking me out, now, what is this all about?" Lily asked with great concern. "Look," George began, but took a great deep breath before continuing, "What happened the other day between you and Genevieve?" Lily was deeply annoyed that was all this big commotion and comedy stunt was all about. She let out a grunt followed by an annoyed sigh before she spoke, "THAT'S WHAT THIS WAS ALL ABOUT?! SERIOUSLY?! Ugh! Nothing even really happened! She used Flipendo on me and before she could cast another spell, I casted Expelliarmus, she got angry that I already know that spell, after I gave her wand back, she ran off after cursing at me by calling me a mudblood. By the way, how did you two know that I had encountered Genevieve when it was just her and myself?" Fred and George looked at Lily and then each other before speaking, "I saw your names on the map and we got worried." George explained looking down at the floor, upon hearing this, Lily felt offended and insulted that they had jumped to the quick like that and thought that her encounter caused such an uproar. Lily's eyes had almost a dark hue in them as if all of the light that was once there, is now gone. "Lily?" Fred and George said in unison. Lily just looked at them with an icy expression, "You know, I thought my own little brothers had a bit more faith in me being able to take care of myself." Fred and George were baffled of why she called them, "little" just now, so they asked, "Why did you refer to us as 'little' brothers, are we not the same age, roughly?" Lily's mood continued to not improve. "I was actually not allowed to come to Hogwarts when I was eleven, so I was held back a year, that's why I am a first year here, even though I am not eleven anymore." Lily started heading to the Great Hall for breakfast before class starts without saying another word to them. Fred and George feel downhearted for not just believing in Lily that she is capable of fighting her own battles and trusting her that she will go to them when she needed them most.