Time Limit

Hello, it's me again. Here the third chapter, or is this the second counting chapter one as an epilogue ? Hum... Let's say no, I'm too lazy to do the maths dozens of chapters later. Yeah, I know, I'm really lazy, you can call me that too, I won't mind XD ( I will ). Well, I shall leave space for the actual chapter. Here it goes everyone !

Chapter 3 :      Time Limit

A few hours after  his return, Wen Yuan understood one thing already : there was almost nothing left to fix at this time, and he wasn't sure of what he could do to influence what remained. What was he, a toddler ? He couldn't think of anything. As he watched Wei WuXian saluting all the villagers one by one, never letting go of his hand, his thoughts slowly led him to... fear. The immense responsibility his resolution brought up on his shoulders was starting to crawl on him, leaving him all shivering from the pression.

First things first, before thinking of how he could help his seniors in this era, what was worrying him the most was Jin Ling, who wasn't even at the state of a project yet ! He heard about the butterfly effect, and he didn't want to risk the life of one of his most precious friends because he deviated from his original course of actions. What if, because of him, the child Jiang YanLi would give birth to was a completely different person ? Someone with the same birth name, and cortesy name, and... Wen Yuan couldn't shake the terrifying possibility out of his mind. To add to his trouble, he didn't remember at all how he acted the first time ! Where he was, if he talked, what he said, how he acted... He was paralysed thinking about all the bad options.

However, if he wished to change it all, he should not wait until Jin Ling's birth. Then, it would already be too late. Wei WuXian would already be a hopless case to the regards of the rest of the world. Wen Yuan couldn't allow that to happen, again. But what could he do ? What was left to do, if he could even intervene ? Cloud Recesses burnt altogether with Lotus Pier. Wei WuXian already encountered the Yin sword in the semi-XuanYu's cave. He was already caught in the resentment's claws, because he already had...

- Senior Wei ! Let me fight with you !

- No ! Stay in the temple ! Don't move !

It let out a laugh, and Lan SiZhui cringed hearing the sound of it's unreal voice :

- Ah, Wei WuXian, Wei Ying... You know you can't beat me, don't you ? Here is the resentment rebelling against you, and you can't even use your dear sword ! You abandoned it, didn't you ? Why would it even wish to fly under your control again ?

- What... ?

- Shut up !

But it didn't stop, it took pleasure in revealing the truth hidden inside :

- What a fool you were, giving your golden core to save your martial brother not even able to predict how it would handicap you to help thousands others !

Lan SiZhui froze.

- FALSE !

- And the thing you call your golden core right now is crackling all over, not supporting your and his precedent owner's way with the demonic arts ! Ah, if you could see yourself right now, in this pitying state of yours...!

- DIE !

Wen Yuan took a deep, shakily breath. He came back to his previous reflexion. Wei WuXian already lost his core, gave in to the darkness, and worst of all, he went to QionQi Pass and discovered Wen Ning's corpse, and left with the DaFan Wen Clan to the Burial Mounds.