update on this fic and the series

Hi, I can't believe that some people are still reading this fic! That's actually insane to me and it means that world that people are still loving Elana and the beginning of her story. 

I'm currently writing (well, not writing would be more accurate, it's been a hot minute) the third book of the series, Gold, but I've also started re-drafting Red. The release of Black Widow and the continuation of the MCU in Phase 4 have given me some new ideas, not about the ending of the series, which I've had planned pretty much since I started writing it, but about the pathway that she takes. Within Red and Grey there are loose ends and unfinished plotlines, forgotten puzzle pieces and things that don't quite fit together anymore, including Elana's origin and her relationships with some of the other characters. 

Once I've finished Gold and the fourth book in the series, I will be returning to my redraft of Red and it will receive the full editing treatment, probably all at once once I've finished redrafting. In the wise words of Ernest Hemingway, 'The first draft of anything is shit' and this entire story is just one big first draft. But it exists, and that's its main purpose.

So it will eventually become something so much better, so much more connected with the wider Marvel universe, and hopefully something that I can be even more proud of. There will be prior warning closer to the time of me changing all of the chapter so that you can remove the book from your library if you don't want the spam of notifications, but it most likely won't be for a while. 

Thank you for still reading, for still voting, for still commenting and, most importantly, for still supporting me, even if I feel like I've come so far since this. And, with a shameless bit of self-promo, if any of you guys want to check out any of my other works, I have Star Wars fics, Harry Potter fics and a BBC Merlin fic published on my page, @ccsmickenobi, and you can find me on Instagram at ccsmickenobi.wp :)

Take care of yourselves in this crazy time, stay safe, and I hope you view Red, Grey and (eventually) Gold with some gentleness towards my younger self.