Chapter 2

Bill woke with a start. Something’s coming, and it’s coming fast. Sprinting to the door, he tripped on the fireplace mantel and cut his ankle. Feebly getting up, he realized he would have no chance to evade whatever is coming to his one room stone house. There was only a last ditch effort, and that would be to start the Event. It was referred to as simply the Event, at least that’s what the truth seeker’s called it. It was a last resort to save the secret that was desired by many, the secret that HE was trusted to protect. With his last few seconds, he picked up his phone and made the call to the one man who had the last say, to the one man that had the ability to set the Event in play. Sadly, Heldon’s hands were around Bill’s neck before Nicolas picked up.

***

On the other end of the line Nicolas heard only one word chock out of his dying fellow, “Event”.

 The sheer fact that that word was being called in to him, tonight of all nights, not to mention the sound of a body dropping dead on the floor, deeply scared and concerned Nick. Nick quickly searched through his paperwork and found the address that he would now have to venture to, at 3:19 am, on the anniversary of his wife’s death.