Chapter 10: I Like You the Way You Are

A/N: opp- I thought this was released sometime last week, but it was in the drafts

A/N: opp- I thought this was released sometime last week, but it was in the drafts. Enjoy.

--

Jungkook was already up and out of the bedroom by the time Namjoon woke up, pacing the kitchen and searching the cupboards and fridge for anything substantial for Namjoon's breakfast. As soon as Namjoon opened the bedroom door with puffy eyes and messy hair, Jungkook's voice was heard, gentle and warm, from the kitchen.

"We need groceries, Joon. If you do not buy any, I will have nothing to make. Ramen is not sufficient in daily nutrition."

Namjoon sighed, rubbing his eyes. It was too early for this. But Jungkook was right. He'd put it off long enough, making the simple trip to the grocery store within walking distance. Perhaps it was because he didn't much care for getting out, maybe he didn't like leaving Jungkook alone longer than necessary. Maybe he didn't like going alone. "Alright. You're right. Come on. Let's go."

Jungkook halted his searching, straightening himself to meet Namjoon's eyes. He tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

"I'm taking you with me this time." He smiled softly as Jungkook's confused reaction, plopping down on the couch just for a bit while he woke himself up.

"You are?" There was a clear hint of excitement in his voice.

"Yeah. We got to start sometime right? Getting you out there, I mean. I can't keep you in here forever. I-well, I mean...only if you want to go."

Jungkook nodded. "Yes. I want to go."

Namjoon smiled, patting his shoulder as Jungkook sat on the couch next to him, looking up at him with round eyes.

"Alright. Give me a few minutes to let me get ready. I'll get you something else to wear too. And you need shoes."

"I like these clothes," Jungkook said, running his hands up the sleeves of the creme shirt to feel the fabric.

Namjoon shrugged, glancing down at the joggers that he deemed presentable enough for the public. "Well, guess it's not too bad."

He left, bringing Jungkook some socks and tennis shoes by the front door while he quickly got ready. Namjoon gave him a once over when he returned, handing him a black jacket, despite Jungkook not needing protection from the cold, yet to fit in with the rest of the crowd dressed for fall. He propped up the tall collar to hide the round charging slot at the back of his neck. The slot was low enough to be mostly hidden by the shirt, but it was better safe than sorry. He'll have to invest in some Band-Aids or something as a precaution.