Chapter 9: Sweet Disposition

"I'm going to hop in the shower

"I'm going to hop in the shower. Go grab a new set of clothes from my closet for yourself. Whatever you want," Namjoon told him as he shrugged his sopping coat onto the floor.

"Can I shower, as well? I do not want to track mud through your house. I did not expect this outcome."

"What outcome did you expect? That I would let you go off and forget about you?" Namjoon scoffed.

"Yes. I thought you would come to realize you had done your part and that you would like to return to your life before we met," he admitted plainly.

Namjoon crossed from the bedroom, back to the living room where Jungkook was standing stiffly, still not wanting to move and track mud. Namjoon placed his hands on his shoulders. "Jungkook, I like having you around, okay? Do you understand that?" He shook him a bit, jostling his shoulders back and forth until he swayed. "I'm glad I found you. Didn't think I'd have to reassure you this much," he scoffed jokingly, "but...you are...human I guess and that's what humans need sometimes." He dropped his hands.

Jungkook nodded. "I'm sorry. I can put the negative files in a folder for later deletion."

"What? No, no, don't delete them. You can't just...delete everything you don't like. It's a part of growth." Namjoon gave him a worried smile and returned to the bedroom where he grabbed a towel and went through to the bathroom where he shut and locked the door.

Jungkook stared in front of him at the empty space Namjoon once was, contemplating his words.

Namjoon likes having me here. I was wrong to think he did not want me.

He stared down at his feet next, remnants of mud on the top and the ends of the grey sweatpants. Well, there was no helping the mud, perhaps he should clean himself up first, he thought, then he'd go back and mop the floor if necessary.

He mimicked Namjoon's actions of grabbing a towel and used the key above the door frame he'd once noticed to unlock the bathroom door.

"Jungkook. That better not be you in here," he heard Namjoon's voice echo over the shower water.