Chapter 21: All I Wanted

Namjoon spotted movement outside

Namjoon spotted movement outside. The house is small. There aren't many places to hide and the windows are all in the front, making for an impossible escape.

"Kim Namjoon, you have visitors," Jia alerted.

Namjoon hesitated to answer. He weighed his options.

"Kim Namjoon. We know you're home. Open the door. The jig is up," Taehyung's voice called from the other side.

Namjoon's breath caught in his throat. His heart threatened to leap out of his chest as his back pressed against the door. His phone vibrated in his pocket, but he couldn't even bring himself to look.

There's a pause on the other side. Hoseok is so close that he can hear his breath. "Yep, he's definitely home. Door's padded, though."

"Break it. We have to get them now."

Soon there's pounding on the handle. Several beats pass before the door lock gives way and Namjoon was forced back to face them entering his house.

"Where's Jungkook?" Taehyung sought in urgence.

Namjoon's mouth fell open. "What-"

"Please don't play dumb and waste our time further. We know what's going on," Hoseok interrupted impatiently. "Both of you need to come with us. Neither of you will be harmed. We have someone who wants to ask you some questions, and it will be best if you just follow us to the car quietly and listen to what we say."

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Where is Jungkook?" Taehyung asked again firmly. Namjoon stilled as Taehyung reached in his coat and pulled out a gun to point directly at him.

"He's not here! You people are crazy!" Namjoon's eyes flickered out into the street, praying Jungkook wouldn't come home any time soon.