♡ Chapter 19 ♡

The rest of the day I stayed put in my room, until dark of course, that's the time when it seemed Bernard was summoned.

Listening to my parents talk over some things downstairs at first, we had thin walls, but I got bored of it. I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my Walkman. Putting the headphones on, I played the cassette that was gifted to me by Bernard. It was a long slow song. One that made me think of him.

His beautiful tight curls, they sat there in his face, in the most perfect way. I smiled to myself closing my eyes and thinking about him. What was there left to say? Except he was perfect of course. It seemed like for the first time, I was beginning to really love someone. I wanted to touch every part of him and caress his face. I wanted to make him happy because that's what he deserved. I sighed dreamily and got out of my head. When I opened my eyes I saw Bernard. He was sitting on my bed just in front of me. I took off my headphones and pounced on him giving him a big hug. I embraced him with every ounce of myself. He was only gone for a few hours, how could I have missed him so much? He hesitantly put my hands on my back and chuckled at my clinginess.

"Why'd you take so long?" I complained

"Sorry Y/N, I had to take care of some stuff up at the North Pole. What a stressful day..." he mumbled the last part. I laughed a bit at his accent. It was cute though, it was lovable. I got up off of him and sat up straight. To be honest I wanted to grab the back of his neck and kiss him for a million years but I held back. "Let's go somewhere, release the stress" I suggested, I checked the clock on my bed table. '11:52pm'

He looked at the clock too, "No, it's already so late Y/N" he got up from my bed and so did I. "Like I care, you sound like my mom now too" I laughed. He thought about it for a second and I crossed my fingers. He sighed and I knew he gave in. "Yes!" I exclaimed and he put his hand over my mouth. "Alright, okay. Whatever but when I tell you, you're going to sneak out the front door and go to the side of the house. Got it?" He took his hand off my mouth. I grabbed it back and kissed it, "But, of course my lovely princess" I teased. Letting go of his hand I bowed, hiding my humongous smile. When I looked up Bernard was gone, already left I presumed. Man it was awkward talking to myself. Maybe I went too far. Whatever though...

I got dressed, something warm and light. A simple black sweater, and loose jeans would do the job. I of course added a bag to carry any stuff we got together plus money. I was hoping this'd be more like a date.
I heard a hard object, small of course, hit my window. I looked threw it and at the ground a floor door. How cliche... Bernard was the one who threw it, and it seemed like that was the signal. I held my thumbs up and before he could respond I left my room.

I had never snuck out before so I was extra alert. I slowly went down the stairs, one step at a time. I heard the stairs absorb my footsteps. I thanked it silently. As I approached I put my hand on the front door knob and pulled the door to me whilst keeping it closed. I felt like it would just muffle the noise, even if it was only a little bit, but it gave me piece of mind. I stood there for a second. Scanning the house listening to snores. Until I heard Neil's snore.

"The next one and I'll open the door, after that I walk out and prepare to close the door, then finally afterwards I close it" I repeated those instructions until I heard his snore echo throughout the resting household. I opened the door, feeling the chilling cold air fill the space around me. I waited until the next. I stepped out to the outside, keeping the door slightly open. I intently listened and I slowly but surely closed it. I slowly stepped away from it and sat down on the cold concrete, putting on my tennis shoes.

I jogged out to where Bernard was on the side of the house. He was leaning on the side of the house with his eyes closed.

"I'm here" I whispered in his ear

He opened his eyes and his relaxed expression turned into one of confusion. I giggled and laughed at him.

"Don't scare me like that, I was having a nice dream"

He stood up and brushed off the grass that was on him.

"So, where do you wanna take me first?" He had a smile on his face. It amazed me. As usual