2. The Birthday and Bad Turn

Upon returning to the house with his father, greeting both Shieon and his mother, he realized Hadvlar was standing near the fireplace where his birthday pie was being baked in a cast iron pot. Hadvlar had a genuine expression of disgust but as they were best friends, they made up and clasped each other's hands, one hand grasping right below the elbow between the two.

"Listen I..." Hadvlar began but was abruptly cut off by Jax.

"Hadvlar we are friends, don't forget my ambition may be to become a Mage but remember I want to fight the evil. That man I was with was a dunmer not a Daedra and helped me learn that basic restoration spell." Hadvlar nodded and they shook resembling their close friendship. Jax looked up to his mother near the bed room to the right of the house by a table and chairs, with basic but beautifully crafted designs. His mother nodded for him to come over as she had a gift for him, obeying his mothers command he walked over ready to receive his gift. As Jax reached for the wrapped rectangular shape, his mother halted him as if ready to speak. She stoped and pointed to a small envelope. He took care to notice the letter was from his mother and the package was not from her. With hand gestures, his mother indicated to wait till after dinner with his friends. Jax nodded and came to the conclusion it could be from Oke'ra. His mom was probably suspicious of it but it didn't stir Jax, as he trusts this man for giving him abilities he couldn't grasp in the beginning of learning such magic.

Jax's mother hid the package in a place Lud would not find it; Shehad hoped Lud would not find this strange package as it was strange from a strange elf, Lud did not trust them as they were dark and fought for the wrong causes. It was clear racism, however, with the addition of his absolute hatred for them despite being an imperial, a race in charge of all of Tamriel. Most imperials would have to deal with the elves, argoinans, kajiht and orcs. Lud, however, did not as he was born in skyrim and gained the nord mentality of racial superiority over the non human races. Lud was not a bad man though. He had a high respect for the land, it's animals and spiritual beings that occasionally roamed the land. He was a hunter at heart, praying to the divines and thanking the animals sacrifice. This is one thing Jax must learn and will learn in time with training from his father.

With the package safely secure and hidden from Lud, his mother shooed the boy off with his friends, who would begin to play outside with the simple joy of turning 9 years of age. This time around the trio played outside the house and not farther away from the house as they had beforehand. This time around they believed no one would get hurt and held high trust in Jax's new found sense of magical wonder.

They started off by playing an old fashioned game of Tag with Jax being the unfortunate luxury of being it. Jax had a slender body but he was fast, holding similar agility to the friendly kajiht that occasionally come around to trade with Rorikstead. The kajiht were masters with being trading caravanians, selling goods ranging from food to even weapons of high quality. The younger males of the caravan would show off by climbing trees with the speed and precision of a squirrel. The elders of course disapproved their acts, as claiming they were to "childish" to part take in and only "the unwise arrogant horny male" partake in the ridiculous games showing off their great stature to common village folk. Jax wasn't necessarily able to climb trees with the same speed as he lacked claws or the insane upper body strength. On the ground, however, Jax was as fast as one of those kajiht and could perform flips or cartwheels with great agility.

One late summer when Jax was four years of age, he witnessed and watched the young kajiht play their games of dominance and arrogance. This year was the year he started training himself by watching the kajiht do their sprints and runs to their corkscrews, flips and cartwheels. Jax was fascinated by these moves and began to practice only to fail everytime. He would sprint only to fall short on speed; he would jump to lose his balance and fall on his face. This was until a young kajiht boy named Ra'ka confronted the demoralized boy about the kahjit tactics. For the week the caravan was in town, they would train together, doing sprinting technics and learning the patience in learning aerial acrobatics. Since this day, Jax had been training and preparing himself for adventure into trees. Every year since, when the caravan comes back they would train together gaining a higher and higher ability to climb the tree efficiently and effectively, as well as traverse the ground in speeds up to 16 miles. In the most recent summer, they actually trained harder and began to completely engulf each other in friendly competition by climbing smaller trees separate from the ones the older kajiht folk chose to use in the games.