3. The Funeral

For next day Jax couldn't say a single word in all of oblivion, that could explain his sadness, anger, and confusion at witnessing his mothers death. Jax at this point felt one hundred percent responsible for not saving her, not being able to use effective magic, for being just a novice, a worthless novice. He was sure he couldn't live without her as he had just turned 9 years of age, too young to experience such an awful event in his life. The only thing he could actually do now, is pay his respects to his mother, maybe then he could forgive himself for his failure. Lud may forgive the boy, as he wasn't the only one suffering but the one who was married to Deshou Dior.

Lud would never forget his wife's long beautiful red curly hair, her beautiful pale and smooth skin, and most importantly he could never forget her eccentric personality which had a very supportive tone and gentleness to it. Her eyes resembled sparkling diamonds which complemented her brown eyes to no extent. When they had met, it was on a hunting trip in the rift, a hold in skyrim, in its capital of riften.

"Oy, could I get another ale! Hunting is stressing you know," Lud demanded as he chugged the last of some honey brew mead. Another man sitting next to Lud began laughing hysterically as if he had just watched a mammoth defecate all over a mans crops. Lud looked over at him and slapped him on the back, "Calm down man! All I asked for was a bit of ale not a bloody bit of poontang. Damn fools." The man started pointing to a girl who just fell, dropping ale all over a mans back and scrambling to clean her mess. She seemed new to the whole barmaid scene and she was probably 16 or so judging by her beauty. There was common knowledge, however, that beauty like this, was rare even among young women.

"Oy, you damn whore," the drunken man stood tall, about six foot four definitely an Orc, and readied himself to slap this girl for what she had did. His hand rose and Lud jumped over the table, and grabbed the mans hand tightly. Lud began to start a speech in hopes to protect this beautiful red headed girl, "Barth, you've had a little much and this young lady just tripped over your bag, calm down and I'll buy another drink for you."

"You want me to slap you instead, you prick! If you want to fight and protect a damn broad, then do it!" The beefy man rose his fist ready to punch Lud in his face.

"Listen I understand you're very angry but please reconsider your actions, I really don't want to hurt you Mr. Mr... What's your name? It doesn't matter anyway," Lud said sarcastically as if slightly antagonizing the big Orc on, "Did you know you're kind is really really brainless? I mean who lives in tribes now a days, except for those dumb ass bandits. But of course a big brute like you wouldn't understand his situation."

"Damn imperial!! Mocking me and my kind you worthless son of a bitch! How dare... You!!" The Orc charged Lud in full force in hopes knock Lud out or kill him for what he had said. Orcs aren't the smartest brutes out there so they get offended easily. Seeing the Orc charging toward Lud, he jumped in hopes the Orc would knock the wind outta him instead of obliterating his face with the brute force of the Orc. He would succeed in this endeavor, and fell to the ground holding his stomach.

"Oh boy that really hurt but I don't think it's enough to keep me down, ye damn dirty ape," Lud stood up and said threateningly to the Orc, "You see I've been mauled by bears and I've had an encounter with a giant and they're bigger pricks then you. You see that beautiful girl right there? You have no right to hurt nor any right to harm her." The Orc charged him with a fully flustered face, guaranteeing the Orc wouldn't miss his face. So Lud accepted it as a definite "He deserved it moment" but it would also be the time when Lud finally counters his move. With a huge smack to the face, Lud fell wiping the blood off his face with one hand, then brought his other hand in a fist and launched it straight to the Orcs stomach. He gasped for air and fell back into a drunken nord's flask, which ultimately lead to the entire pub to burst into a giant fight. Wine bottles were being thrown, chairs smashing over people's heads and occasionally a sword clash would ring in the pub. With all this going on, however, the Orc and Lud rounded off in fighting stance, waiting for one another to strike the other.