First impressions on the first day

I always admired mom's work. She got to protect the coolest place ever with the most awesomest animatronics. So when she asked me if I wanted to go with her to work with her, I was super pumped because I thought I'd get to hang out with the animatronics, backstage and whatnot. I definitely wasn't expecting to be dropped off at the lame daycare center.

"Mommmm, I don't wanna stay here," I whined as she led me by my hand into the daycare center.

"I have to work dear, I won't have time to keep an eye on you. You'll have to stay in here with Mr. Sunny," she answers back in a Stern voice. I pout a little. I was six already, and I am in kindergarten I shouldn't have to stay in a stupid daycare with stupid babies.

I get a look at the daycare playground and my eyes almost pop outta my head. It looked like tons of fun. All the slides and colors. I changed my mind very quickly.

"Goooooodmorning," I hear some unfamiliar voice exclaim from a really high up balcony. I cower behind my mom, gripping at the side of her shirt with my free hand. Im not fond of strangers.

I see a cute little animatronic sprout out from the window from the balcony and do a somersault into the ball pit bellow which is filled with a bunch of colorful rubber balls.
I peer out from behind my mother to see if the animatronic has emerged from the see of plastic yet.

"Sunny, I know it's early for daycare to open up, but I need to drop my kid off while I work. I trust you to keep an eye on them ," my mother calls out, and the springy animatronic sprouts out of his hiding place.

"Oooo sure thing Vanessa! We can play games, finger paint, read stories, oh we'll have a blast!" The animatronic replies bouncing up and down. My mom says I must be the most energetic person out there but I think this guy has me beat.

"What's your name? Im sunny!" He questions picking me up spinning me round and round.
I look at my mom to save me but she sends me a look saying I'm on my own.

"I'm y/n," you struggle to spit out your words from all the spinning and dizziness. The sun puts you down and starts leaping for joy.

"Oooh my new friend name is y/n! We're gonna have so much fun. Weeee! Yippee!" He exclaims hopping on one foot. He turns towards my mom changing his entire demeanor. Now he seams much more intimidating, scary even.

"There is one rule...Keep the lights on. On. ON,"he says nervously, looking around. His voice was the scariest part. His words came out in a low demanding grumble.

I go to hide behind my mom, pushing back tears. Was she really going to leave me with this scary robot? I changed my mind again, it doesn't matter how pretty all these colors look I'm not staying with this guy.

"Y/n, you need to go play with Sunny now. I have to go to work." She states calmly, in her do what I say now voice. I know I should listen but Im just too scared. I grip onto her shirt again.

"What's wrong new friend? I have finger painting, glitter glue, I have toys... Do you like toys? Ooh we can play tag what about that?" Sunny says cartwheeling around my mom to face me. It ends up as a game of chase with my poor mother in the middle.

My mother grabs my arm ending the chasing game. She kneels down to my level. Sunny stops spinning and twirling around to listen.

"Stop throwing a fit. Sunny is very nice, he will keep you company until I get off. Listen to what your told and be respectful. I have to go to work now, I love you," she says impatiently, maintaining eye contact the whole time. I nod my head. She smiles and let's go of my arm to give me a hug.

She then proceeds to leave me with Sunny. I turn towards him, to no surprise he is hopping and skipping again.

"Well you've heard the boss, new friend. What do you wanna do? I know tons of games! We can tell jokes. We will be the bestest of friends!" He says beaming. I feel like I'm going to find it hard to match his energy.