Clues Come to Light

I look over towards Sunny to see if he has a plan to deal with the raging wolf bot. He just shrugs and smiles. I do a face palm and go to the desk area to look at the security cameras placed in the halls. It is in fact Roxy at our door.

"HEY! I KNOW YOUR IN THERE!," Yells the large and scary animatronic wolf. Sunny laughs a bit to himself.

"You are banned from the daycare! Remember?," He calls not showing a hint of fear. I wince at the loud banging coming from the door in response.

"I don't give a shit about your daycare! OPEN THE DOOR SUNNY BOY!," Roxy is now screaming at the top of her lungs. I give Sunny a look, telling him not to retaliate and instigate the situation further. I guess he's bad at reading expressions, because he does the exact opposite of what I tell him.

"Mmmmm...no," answers sunny. The banging stops and I look back at the cameras to see where she might have gone. Roxy's using the back way instead.

"Sunny! She's going the back way!," I warn. Sunny grabs me by my hand again and leads me out of the daycare into the main hallway. I give him a confused look.

"Roxy will assume we're hiding in there, knowing her she will be searching allll night. So all we have to do is find something to occupy ourselves with!," Sunny explains. He seems like an airhead with a child like mentality, but he's actually pretty smart.

"So? Is there anywhere you wanna go?," Sunny asks. He's strolling down the hall leisurely, and I follow closely behind him.

"Well, I wanted to play some of the arcade games..," I answer sheepishly. Sunny smiles and grabs me by my hand again leading me to where the arcade is. On our way we see chica, who is one of the other main four.

"Hey sunny! Ooh, who's this?," Chica asks in a sweet voice. She seems a lot more laid back, like Freddy.

"Their my assistant in the daycare! We're best buddies! We play games and make crafts...," Sunny answers jumping up and down in excitement. I give a small shy wave and chica gives one back. Chica then gives her goodbyes and walks off.

"Fye!! You need to speak up more!," Sunny whines pulling on my arm. I nod, to which Sunny gives a disappointed look.

"I'm..sorry, I'm just unsure of what to say," I say defensively. We reach the arcade and Sunny stops to turn to me.

"Just say whatever! That's what I do and I have mannnnny friends!," He brags pridefully.

I think I finally start to understand, I just need to say what's on my mind. We enter the arcade and I make a beeline for a racecar simulator. It attracted me not because of the gameplay, but because of the bright neon colors. Sunny and I play for hours in the arcade, making high scores and beating them. We lose track of time with all of the fun we are having.

Our fun is interrupted by Roxy storming in. I look up at her as she stomps towards Sunny. Sunny once again shows no fear. I also don't feel as anxious assuming he must have a plan.

"I finally caught you! You have to clean up the mess you left in my room!," She yells. Freddy steps in, he must've been nearby and heard the commotion. Sunny doesn't answer he only laughs to himself.

"I swear..That's why you should be scrapped! With the incident two months ago...and now this!," Roxy growls. Sunny stops laughing, he doesn't seem as care free.

Freddy breaks up the fight and Sunny runs off into the darkness outside of the arcade leaving me alone. Freddy doesn't pay mind to him, he focuses on Roxy. After calming her down she too, leaves. Now it's just Freddy and me.

"What..did she mean by the incident," I speak my mind, following Sunny's advice. Freddy looks remorseful.

"Children were injured...in the daycare..We animatronics do not remember the full details as what happened is marked confidential. We had our memory chips wiped," he answers,"but if you wish to know more, I believe what happened would have been recorded in the security room,".

I thank him for the tip, and head back to the daycare in search of Sunny. I'm not sure if I need to look into this yet, I don't want to overstep boundaries.

I reach the doors of the daycare after walking through the plaza for a while. I enter and find no trace of the daycare attendant. I then walk towards one of the security rooms, looking for Vanessa. I find her patrolling just outside of it.

"Have you seen sunny?," I ask, Vanessa looks up with hope in her eyes, like she was expecting someone else. The look does after she realizes it's only me.

"You can use the cams to find him," she answers quickly before rushing away. It sounded like she is holding back tears.

I enter the security room and see the monitor, which displays the view of the rooms inside the Pizzaplex. I search for Sunny on the screen but turn up with nothing. In the corner of my eye I spot a file box. I scan over it and see a file labeled malfunction, which has a date on it that reads it's from a few months ago.

I really want to ask Sunny first, but it can't be helped that I can't find him. I open the file and read it's contents:

"The daycare attendant went haywire, attacking the children. Four are missing, ten injured, and one dead. We should look into a replacement."

I close it quickly, knowing I saw something I shouldn't have. Poor Sunny, he probably didn't mean to hurt anyone. When I was observing him he seemed a little possessive, but he's overall really caring. I sigh and step out of the security room, not wanting to overstay my welcome. I see Sunny by the daycare slumped down.

"Sunny are you okay!?," I call rushing over. He looks up slightly but turns away once he sees me.

"What's wrong? We're buddies remember, you can tell me anything!," I say. Sunny's eyes dart up to meet mine.

"Really? Even after you know I hurt a bunch of people?," He asks in a sad tone. I feel so bad for him. I crouch down beside him nodding.

"I'm sure you didn't mean harm.," I say sympathetically. He hops up quickly, cheering.

My vision goes hazy, and I malfunction a bit. Soon forgetting what I was saying. It was weird because I could've sworn I just learned something important. Sunny distracts me from my thoughts.

"Ooh! Ooh! We should throw a party! To celebrate our friendship!," He exclaims. Usually I'm one to turn down things like this, as I'm not the best at socializing, but this idea didn't seem to bad. I nod and sunny leaps for joy again.

Our party will have to be held some other time, because over the intercom it's announced that it's opening time once again. Sunny looks sad but I'm happy that I have time to check my system files. I have a feeling that my memory was completely wiped from what I just learned.

A/n: sorry this was short, I'm busy with preparing for Christmas. Thanks for reading!)