On the Run

I head towards the front gates because of how close it is to opening, and I know Vanessa is in charge of unlocking the front entry doors. I spot her and call for her to wait up.

"Vanessa it's important.," I say after walking up to her. Vanessa looks extremely uncomfortable at this point but she raised a brow to indicate she's listening.

"Y/n...I heard about what happened and..," I start but I trail off at the state my words put Vanessa in. She looks away avoiding eye contact, and she starts mumbling to herself frantically.

"Uh..look I'm sorry but I just wanted to know if I had any sort of connection to..," I stutter out becoming more aware at how my words are affecting her behavior. Vanessa looks up at me with a scowl.

"You! You- ugh! That's it I knew this was a bad idea from the start. I'm going to call Parts and service and issue a factory reset! Heck at this point we might as well reprogram you!," Vanessa grumbles angrily. I flinch a little cowering at what she had just said. All of my memories being completely wiped seemed unimaginable, cruel even.

Before I can object Vanessa storms of leaving me alone with my thoughts. I head towards the daycare left with an empty feeling. I needed to say goodbye to sun. What he did was messed up but if I'm being completely reset, and if I'll have no memory of Sunny or our time together once so ever I want to at least say goodbye.

I reach the daycare and push open the big solid wooden doors. Sunny jumps up and hops over excited to hear about what I may have accomplished.

"Sunny...They're going to do a factory reset..Promise me, if I get to work with you again... That you'll be my friend again..," I find it hard to muster out these words. Before meeting Sunny and hanging out with the other animatronics I would have never guessed animatronics could feel emotion like this. I would've found it weird to be so sentient.

"Fye... No matter what we will always be friends..," Sunny replies sadly. He approaches me with his arms spread wide gesturing for a hug. I give in and I'm met with Sunny's embrace. Its soon interrupted, though, by the routine opening intercom.

We separate and get ready for our last day working together. Even though it's been short it's been fun. I try to ignore the problems I'm faced with but with each young child running up to me exclaiming how cool they think I am, and how much they wanna be my friend, It's really hard. Another thing not making anything easy is Sunny. I understand I'm leaving, but acting all mopey in front of the kids is uncalled for. I shoot him a nonthreatening but firm glare. Sunny receives my unspoken message and perks up a little, brightening the mood.

Once I see the children start to depart one by one is when things really start to sink in. My stomach drops when I hear the intercom announce closing time in ten minutes. Sunny runs over to me, not skipping or hopping in his usual manner.

"Sunny! I don't wanna say goodbye! I don't wanna forget!," I cry sinking to the floor. Sunny sits down next me, scrunching his knees to his chest. He rests a hand on my back as comfort. I give him a weak smile in return.

       vrmmmt vrmmmt

I look up towards the ceiling in confusion, startled at what I just heard.

"Oh that's just the ventilation! It makes reeeeaaallll funny noises sometimes!," Sunny says. I brush it off for a moment before perking up. If i can get up there, than maybe just maybe i can escape into the vents. Maybe i could hide somewhere in the Pizzaplex!

"Sunny! You have to get me up there! Do your acrobat flying thingy!," I excitedly share my bright new idea with sunny.

"I'm sorry friend but only Moon is capable of that...I can only do acrobatic stunts on the ground..," Sunny apologizes, I think for another moment trying to find a new solution. Then it hits me.