Chapter 7

I gently laid Kala down on my bed once we got back to the hut. She had fallen asleep in my arms on the way back, physically and mentally drained after what she went through.

I sighed and kissed her forehead softly before I made my way back downstairs. On the way down, I spotted Kala's cloak and raised a brow in confusion.

'Why is her cloak on the stairs?' I thought as I picked it up.

My eyes widened when I saw the reason. There was a huge tear at the bottom. Astrid must've pinned it to the stairs with her axe earlier. I set the cloak on the table then went back upstairs to grab my sewing materials. I made sure to be quiet as I did to keep from waking Kala up.

Once I had what I needed, I made my way back downstairs then sat down at the table and began to fix up the cloak.

After a while, Stoick came back and closed the door behind him right as I finished patching up the cloak. Astrid nowhere to be found.

'He must have taken her to her parents to get a scolding.' I thought as I nodded at him.

He nodded back as he sat down in his chair near the hearth.

'Now to get this over with.'

I set down the cloak as I got up from the table and went over to Stoick then looked at the flames dancing on the burning logs laying in the hearth.

"I'm assuming that girl is the one you were talking about that night?" He asked.

I sighed and looked at him.

"Yes. She's the girl I fell for. Can you blame me for lying about it though, Stoick? She's a Night Fury. You would've killed her as soon as I told you the truth."

"Aye, I do not blame you. I was blinded by anger towards the dragons back then. So, how'd ya fall for the lass?"

I blushed and looked away while rubbing the back of my neck.

"T-the first time I saw her transform..s-she only had scales covering her at the time..I..had to give her some clothes I rarely wore..and I made the cloak I was just fixing for her.."

Stoick chuckled and clamped my shoulder. "I see why ya fancy her. She is a beauty. Just like your mother. Now, what would you like to do about this situation? If you don't tell the village about her yourself, that Hofferson girl may do it for ya."

I sighed and nodded.

"I actually wanted to ask about that. Could you call a town meeting for tonight? Better to do it tonight than later."

"And why is that Hiccup?"

"Well..Kala has to leave the island either tonight or early tomorrow morning. Her mating season starts soon and..we agreed it would be safer than her staying in the cove since we're not ready to be parents quite yet."

"Ah, so that's why all the dragons left. Alright, we'll do the meeting tonight so your dragoness can head out afterwards." Stoick said with a nod.

I smiled and nodded back.

"Thank you chief."

~~~HTLANF~~~