Chapter 3

When the others were out of sight, Hiccup ran the best he could to the hut to see what Kala wanted to tell him. He knew it must be important if it was making her this upset, but he couldn't figure out what.

Kala was still pacing when he got there. She must've been waiting for him to open the door for her. As soon as he got it open, she sped inside.

"Whoa! I get you're wanting to tell me something, but why so fast?" Hiccup asked as he dodged his dragoness.

Kala crooned urgently and motioned for him to get inside. He nodded and closed the door behind him. He watched as Kala paced back and forth the best she could in the living room.

~~~HTLANF~~~

What the lovers didn't know was that Snotlout decided to check on Hiccup and see if there was anything he could do to lighten his mood. Actually wanting to be a good cousin for once.

When he was about to knock on the door though, he heard Hiccup talking.

"Okay, we're alone now. Can you tell me what's going on with you and the other dragons?"

Snotlout creaked open the door as quietly as he could and saw Hiccup standing a few feet away with his back to the door, looking at a pacing Toothless. What he saw next was the most shocking thing he had ever seen.

Toothless transformed into a beautiful human girl in Viking clothes that matched Hiccup's, just gray and black instead of green and brown. She also had on a beautiful cloak that had scales covering the shoulders and a clip of a Night Fury curling up in midair.

After she transformed, she continued pacing while hugging herself.

"Kala come on. What's going on milady?" Hiccup asked as he walked over to Toothless, or Kala apparently, and grabbed her shoulders to stop her pacing.

Kala sighed and looked up at Hiccup.

"The reason the dragons left is..b-because it's..i-it's.."

"It's what love?" Hiccup asked softly, knowing she was really rattled up.

Kala took a deep breath before answering.

"It's mating season for us dragons.."

Hiccup stiffened up as a very deep blush appeared on his face. "M-mating season?! S-so does that mean y-you're?"

"No! Gods no. Not yet at least. I think I still have a couple more days." Kala explained to her flustered intended.

Hiccup sighed in relief.

"That's good. Wait. Where are you gonna go when it hits? The cove?"

Kala shook her head. "I'll have to leave the island. The cove is too close to you. Since..you're my intended mate I can't be anywhere near you until we actually want to go through with it.."
"What do you mean you can't be on the island? The cove is far enough away from the village. I can stay here and keep occupied until your season ends."

"Hiccup, it's not that easy. Even though you're human, you'll be affected by the scent I'll emit when in heat. All because you are my intended. It is like that for all dragons. Both of us are too young to be parents. You know that. I have to leave the island until my season passes. I don't want to, but I have to." Kala reasoned.

Hiccup sighed then nodded. "I understand. I'll come up with something to help you fly on your own. Sound good?"

Kala smiled and kissed him lightly.

"That sounds wonderful. Look on the bright side. I can look for your helmet while I'm gone." She said with a small laugh.

Hiccup chuckled and kissed her. "That you can milady."

Snotlout was so shook by what he was witnessing that he accidentally lost balance and fell through the cracked open door.

Hiccup and Kala jumped and looked towards the front door, eyes wide in fear.

"Snotlout?!" Hiccup asked, terror clear in his shaky voice. "H-how long have you been there?!"
Snotlout shook his head as he stood.

"Long enough to see that your dragon is able to turn into a human. Why didn't you tell us Toothless could do that?!" He asked as he leaned forward with his arms crossed.

"Because I didn't want people to freak out, that's why! If everyone knew that Kala could become a human, chaos would ensue!" Hiccup explained as he tried to stay calm.

Kala sighed and motioned Snotlout inside.

"Get inside and close the door. We'll explain everything."

~~~HTLANF~~~