1-A

Izuku woke up on a hospital bed, he opened his eyes to the sight of white walls, offset by pale blue and green curtains and followed by the smell of overly sanitised...well...everything.

“Whe- where am I?” asked Izuku to no one in particular, as he starts to look around, trying to remember what happened before he lost consciousness.

He remembered the entrance exam, how he did, his epiphany, the humongous Zero-pointer robot, and the girl he saved. ‘Ok good, she survived.’ He thought.

As Izuku start to get up, he hears the slide of a door, with a small figure walking in and towards him. “Oh, good you’re awake" said the small figure, now seen clearly as Recovery girl.

“I see you did well on the entrance exam, if you blasting that Zero-pointer into pieces is anything to go by"

“Y- Yeah. Um... not to seem rude but um...why am I here?”

“Oh yes, you fainted shortly after that stunt of yours. Whatever you did seems to have done a number on your body. If I were you, I’d only ever do that again as a last resort.”

“I did" said Izuku.

Recovery girl looked up with a raised eyebrow. “You did, huh? Was destroying the Zero-pointer REALLY necessary?” she asked.

“Yes” Immediately replied Izuku, with certainty in his voice. “There was a girl trapped under some rubble. At first I tried to lift the rubble and told her to use her Quirk on it so we could immediately get out of there, but it only made things worse, and the Zero-pointer was about to crush her. So I had to destroy the Zero-pointer before it could come any closer. Wait how is she anyways?  From what I remember, she had a broken leg when I last saw her."

“Oh, is that so? Don’t worry, she’s fine, i just sent her home a few hours ago” Replied Recovery girl, now understanding why the boy did what he did.

“Wait, a few hours ago?! How long was I out? Never mind, I’ll just leave, I’m allowed to leave right?” asked Izuku, overtaken by panic. ‘Mom must be so worried!’ he thought

“Oh, yes deary, you may leave. Just try not to pull something like that again anytime soon, ok?”

“Yes ma'am, thank you so much” replied Izuku as he grabs his belongings besides his bed and runs out of the school infirmary.

[Midoriya residence]

“Mom, I’m home!” says Izuku whiles walking inside their apartment.

“And where have you been, young man?!” Asked Inko standing in front of him with a glare that could probably drill a hole in his head given enough time.

“Mom, I can explain” replied Izuku, fearing for his life.

“Aha?” she menacingly shot back with a tick mark in her head.

“During the practical portion of the entrance exam, um...there was this around 200-meter robot...and um... I had to fight it and I um...passed out, so i was sent to the school infirmary until I woke up" stuttered Izuku, unable to properly talk because of Inko’s motherly rage emanating certain doom.

“Oh, ok!” Replied Inko, her murderous aura now completely gone. “Go take a shower sweetie, I want to hear everything about what happened during the exam.”

‘Whew, thank god. I thought I was gonna die’ thought Izuku whiles wiping off a cold sweat. He understands that his mother is just worried about him, but damn can she be terrifying. That’s one of the reasons Izuku, never told her anything about when he got home with bruises and burns from Katsuki’s Quirk. If he told his mom then Bakugo wouldn’t be alive right now, besides, it only happened once and that was what ended their friendship. Since then, Izuku was indifferent to Katsuki and his bullying, but he still couldn’t help but look up to his “Do whatever you like” attitude, still calling him “Kacchan" despite him having wanted to hit “Kacchan” in the face so many times.

___________________________

[One week later]

Izuku was sitting in his living room couch, doing his daily dumb bell churls with an absent look in his face. He was wondering why it was taking so long for the acceptance letter to arrive, after all his pre-emptive strike during the entrance exam should’ve given him a guaranteed passing grade, not to mention he also got a few extra points just in case so why? He couldn’t have failed, could he?

As if on cue His mother arrives, stumbling down the hall towards the living room, with the U.A acceptance letter in hand. “Izuku! Sweetie! The letter! It’s here!” she says as she hands the letter to Izuku, excitement clear in her panting voice.

Izuku grinned. ‘About damn time!' He thought. “Hey mom, wanna open it together?”

___________________

Opening the envelope, the mother and son found a small metal disc, which they put on the side of the table before trying to unfold the paper inside the envelope. Little did they know however, said little disk was actually a projector, one that nearly gave Inko a heart attack in it’s activation with a loud and glamorous “I AM HERE! As a projection!”

“Eeek!” squealed Inko, as she reflexively jumped off the couch and nearly fell on the floor if it weren’t for her son catching her and calming her down with a “It’s ok mom, it’s just a recorded projection of All Might”

“...”

“...”

The statement took a few seconds to process before the mother and son simultaneously screamed.

“W-wait, All Might?!”

“Why is Yagi sensei in there?!”

“It’s been a while my young apprentice” said the All Might projection with a formal bow. ”You see, I’ve already told you one of the reasons for why I’m staying in this town, and I’m still expecting you to help me with it by finding someone suitable for IT by the way, but the second reason is...”

“Is?” says Izuku expectantly as he leans closer to the projection and his mother wonders what exactly All Might is expecting Izuku to help him find.

“I have come to teach at U.A!”

“All Might/ Yagi sensei at U.A!?” said the mother and son, both excited by the revelation.

Before the mother and son could start celebrating however, a lazy and tired voice interrupts the All Might projection before he could continue to say anything.

“Oi, Camera fodder.” said the tired voice. “You already get enough screen time on T.V interviews so get to the point and finish this already, you can tell the kid what you want after this.”

“Shota-kun is so mean!” Fake pouted the All Might projection.

“You still need to do 39 recordings after this you know.” the tired voice continued, as the side of the projection gets covered by what seems to be a scarf.

The All Might projection’s face paled as he asked the man behind the camera “W-wait...you’re kidding, right Shota-kun?”

“Maybe I should ask principal Nezu to make you do the hundreds of business course student’s acceptance letters as well. That’ll motivate them, plus it’d save Nezu the hassle of having to do it himself. I’m sure he’d immediately agree if I were to bring this up to him."

All Might immediately stopped conversing and got straight to Izuku’s results. “As I was saying...Young Izuk- Midoriya, your results.”

“Well...we know who YOUR favourite is" interrupted the tired voice once more.

“Ahem!” coughed All Might’s projection as he cleared his throat and ignored the comment, but not denying it. “You passed the written portion with a perfect score! This alone would’ve given you the possibility to choose between the top classes of either the general studies course or the business course if you had failed the practical portion...but you did not! You, young Iz- Midoriya, passed with flying colours and broke multiple records! The most villain points, the most beaten villains in the shortest amount of time and...as for the secret portion of the test...the most rescue points! Yes, you heard that right young man! You see, in these exams, we weren’t just looking for people capable of beating villains! But also, people who are willing to help others despite their own well being and safety, in other words, Rescue heroes! And a hero course rejecting those who put others before themselves is no hero course at all! That’s why there are Rescue points involved!
You! Young Iz- Midoriya, have gained 127 Villain points and 73 Rescue points! And are ranked first place in the entrance exam!”

Exam results:
[Top 5]

1)      Izuku Midoriya: 127 Villain points; 73 Rescue points = 200 Total points

2)      Katsuki Bakugo: 90 Villain points; 0 Rescue points = 90 Total points

3)      Ochako Uraraka: 45 Villain points; 40 Rescue points = 85 Total points

4)      Eijiro Kirishima: 39 Villain points; 35 Rescue points = 74 Total points

5)      Tenya Iida: 52 Villain points; 9 Rescue points = 61 Total points

Afterwards the Midoriya mother and son decided to have a feast to celebrate. Of course, the main course was Katsudan and tteokbokki, Izuku’s favorites.