ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔷

Dedicated to averenry and -DEMIG0D
and -Gamilla

Chapter six : Trapped in a storm

"Courage is knowing what not to fear."

___***___***___***___

We all have fears,there's no doubt about that. Our fears are different. For some it's the fear of spiders or the fear of heights or the fear of public speeches or the fear of the dark or even the fear of the unknown.

Why do fears affect us so much?

That was a question Rusev couldn't help but wonder.

Rusev glanced around his surroundings. He appeared to be in his childhood home. Not the home he lived with his father but the home of his mother.

He turned around to see her on the couch in the living room with a bottle of alcohol dangling in her hands. Rusev was confused, he didn't fear his mother so why was she here.

" Is this a dream?" Rusev asked. She glanced at him with disgust and sighed while tapping the seat beside her. Rusev raised his eyes suspiciously but never the less sat down next to her.

" Am not scared of you." Rusev said trying to appear confident.

" I hate you." His mother said. That was it,that was the blow Rusev felt.

" You may not be scared of me but you fear something else, something that I contribute to." His mother said with a deranged laugh.

" You fear being alone, you fear dying alone without ever having the feeling of love. Your scared that no one loves you. That your father died because of you. That you are a no good mistake in this creation. That you are damned and cursed to be alone. Your ex left you, your father died because of you, your-"

" Stop it?!" Rusev screamed. He crouched down and held his hands to his head trying to block away what she was saying. He knew she was right but not in the way she said it.

The scene morphed and Rusev found himself in a different place. He glanced around at the place and his heart dropped when he saw he was in a cemetery. Specially the one his father was buried in.

" You killed me." A voice spoke. Rusev turned around and his eyes watered at the sight in front of him. His father stood there in the flesh.

" F-father ?" Rusev croaked out. He couldn't hold the tears that rushed out of his eyes.

" You killed me! You are the reason am dead, you no good sorry excuse of a son?!"
His father said with anger laced through his voice.

This was it, this was Rusev's fear.

He didn't want to think about that day his father died. He didn't want to remember that he killed his father even though he didn't mean it.

Flashback

Thirteen year old Rusev hid behind a building in a dark alley. His father had been acting strange and Rusev intended to find out the truth. His father Mr Quinton Atlas, specifically instructed Rusev to stay at home but being the boy Rusev was,he spyed on his father.

Rusev watched as one of the men asked his father where their money was. He watched his father say he didn't have any money.

" Please, I'll pay you back, I just don't have the money. " His father begged.

The men shook their heads and brought out a gun. His father made a run for it and was about to escape, but unfortunately one of the men saw Rusev and attempted to shoot him. In the mist of this, his father had to jump in front of Rusev and the bullet. That was how his father was killed. All because of him

Flashback over

Rusev blamed himself every day. If he hadn't snuck out then his father would have escaped and they would have run away together.

" I didn't mean to. I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have followed and my mother was right. It's my fault your dead. All my fault." Rusev croaked out. He collapsed on the ground staring at his father.

The air around him started spinning and the black smoke appeared to bring him back to reality.

But as Rusev was being brought back,the last thing he heard was his father say
" Sorry can not resurrect. What's done is done. You are no son of mine. Your mother was right. I died because of you. You are a no good mistake in this creation. You are damned and cursed to be alone."

Rusev opened his eyes and saw himself back in the cabin. Tamin was standing there with an apologetic expression but all Rusev saw was red and without another thought Rusev launched himself on him.

The time was 5:30pm. Soon to be 6

.