C H A P T E R 2

Gerald's POV

“So, how long do we have to stay here again?” I asked, feeling unsure if I heard her correctly for the first time earlier.

“Like I said, till the moment that the sun rises, that's when we can finally move,” Rahyl replied to my question lazily as she sits on the ground beside me. Her legs spread, and her hands planted on the ground behind her back supporting her weight as she stared to the clear night sky.

So to recap back what just happened, after the dramatic chase we both just had, Rahyl and I went back to the first place we both met by the apple tree. The reason was apparently ‘to avoid getting lost’ as Rahyl would say. I was of course confused with her statement at first because this is our pack's land. I have memorized the place by heart. Of course I wouldn't have done something so foolish such as getting lost in my own home. But Rahyl said she have put up a barrier that traps the both of us from within. She did that from the moment I started running, and it was to prevent me from escaping her any further. However, it also meant that she is not able to get out from there as well.

I doubted her for a second because the thing that she said seemed unbelievable. Then again remembering all the thing that she has done, it does seemed possible. As the truth prevail, I was actually been running around in circle around that place when I saw the same scenery as I did earlier.

There was no way out of the barrier even if we tried. If somehow it turned to a worst outcome, we might get far away from where we intended to go. So the best way of action is that we wait for the barrier to go down by itself at the first sunrise next morning. Well, at least that's what Rahyl told me. I am a man who refuses to take any risk so I just heed her warning and took that chance to regain back my energy.

Now, aside from all the barrier thing, the main problem of mine is her. My mate. I still haven't got the slightest idea of what she is. I turned my head to look at her as if there was a clue on what kind of creature is she.

“Rahyl can I ask you a question?” I started.

“Hm? Yeah, sure. Go ahead,” She stopped gazing the sky and turned to look at me with her toothy smile.

“Okay, I don't mean to be rude but... What are you? How are you able to use a witch-craft like magic, and have a speed that rivals that of a vampire? You also can fly, and not to mention you have a very immense aura that I didn't know it was possible for someone to have. If I see you like this, you only look like a normal human. Really, what are you?” I asked, feeling restless if I don't get the answer from her.

She, however, laugh in response to my question.

“Good question. What am I? I would love to answer that question but before I do that, I think you might have mistaken something here.” She stood up from her sitting position to get herself standing in front of me. “First, I don't fly.” She put one of her finger up.

I frowned. Then how in the hell did she...

“Well, if you're talking about earlier, it's true. I don't fly. I used magic to control the gravity to keep me up in the air. It makes the chase more fun if I can see my prey very clearly,” she gave me her toothy grin once again.

I felt like slapping myself when my heart thumped at that statement. My brain seriously thought that I don't mind her being the predator and me being the prey. Curse this. Since when did a wolf became a prey? We are the predator and we are meant to hunt. I mentally slapped myself before pulling my attention back to her.

“Second, my body may look like that of a human, but any wandering animals would've known this. I, from the start, have been emitting the immense aura you were talking about. So saying that I look like a normal human is unthinkable.” She looked at me straight in the eye, her eyes no longer hold the playful glint in it.