𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚

Adam brought me to an empty classroom and closed the door, he asks back to me and looks down.

"Im so sorry," He says shaking his head.

"For what?" I ask.

"For not catching you, it's my fault you fell and it's my fault you weren't able to swim at the Goodwill Games." He says.

"Adam, it is not your fault, at all. I shouldn't have gone skating, and I shouldn't have let go of your hand." I say, he looks back up at me.

"But you had surgery right? You can't swim that, one stroke." He says.

"Breaststroke. I can't swim it but I can still swim everything else, its not that big of a deal." I explain. "So how are you?"

He nods slowly, "I've been good, made Varsity." He says motioning to his sweatshirt. "What about you?" He asks.

"Ive been better," I say. "You know you still owe me, you have to some watch one of my meets."

He laughs, "Yeah, yeah of course. it's only fair if I do." He says.

"God you've changed, you look, a lot different." I say, he'd definitely gotten much taller but his face stayed the same shape.

"Yeah, so do you. Did you cut your hair?" He asks.

"Multiple times actually," I say. "So, how's Varsity going?"

"Its rough, definitely way more intense than i've ever played, but I'm getting used to it." He says. "When's your next swim meet?" He asks.

"Its next Tuesday, at 4. Think you can make it? Or is you schedule way too busy?" I laugh.

He laughs and nods his head, "I think I'll be able to make it, since I have such a busy social life." He says.

"I guess I'll see you there then." I say. "Hey don't you have a game, like right now?"

"Oh, shit you're right, I gotta get going." He says walking towards the door.

I follow him and he turns to me again, "see you Tuesday?" I ask.

"Of course," He says and kisses my cheek before opening the door and walking out.

What have I gotten myself into.

•     •     •

That night while I was getting ready for bed Linda called me.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey, I never found you after the game." She says.

Shit I forgot, "Uh yeah, I just got pretty tired, sorry." I lie, a small part of me didn't want to tell anyone about Adam.

"Its fine, I only waited for fifteen minutes anyways, what are you doing tomorrow?" She asks.

"I don't think I'm doing anything, why?" I ask.

"We should go ice skating, the rink downtown just opened up and we should totally go!" She says.

There was one small problem, I was still terrified of ice. and of course, I actually never told anyone about the accident. Of course I told people I had injured myself skating but, I never told any of my friends that was the reason I didn't swim breaststroke anymore.

"Uhm, actually I think I'm busy, sorry." I say.

"Oh, ok, that's fine. No worries, but if you end up being open again you know where to find me." She says.

The phone line started ringing with another call, "Sorry, let me get that." I say expecting it to be one of my moms friends.

"Hello?" I say switching the line.

"Hey, it's Adam." I freeze.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing much I just wanted to ask you a question," He says.

"Ok, hold on I'm on another line with Linda." I say.

"Ok," He says and I switch the line.

"Its my moms friend, I have to give the phone to her." I lie to Linda.

"Ok, well i'll maybe see you tomorrow?" She says.

"Yeah maybe," I say.

She hangs up the phone and I switch back, "Ok, whats your question?" I ask.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He asks.

"No," I say.

"Would you maybe, want to go out with me?" He asks.

I cover the speaker and freak out a bit, I bring the phone back to my ear. "Sure," I say.

"Ok great, uhm I'll meet you at the Main Park at 1?" He says.

"Sounds great." I say. "Oh and also, how'd you get my number?"

"I had to ask around." He says.

"Ok, i'll see you then." I say.

"See you." He says.

I hang up the phone, what was I going to wear?