O N E

"Kids! Get you're asses out of bed we're moving in an hour!"

Kai was woken up by the sound of their dad shouting up from downstairs. Why couldn't I just stay with Mom, they thought to themselves as they got ready in front of piles of boxes full of their things.

"Finn! Get out of the bathroom you've been in there for like... HALF AN HOUR!"
And there it was, the reminder that they weren't going alone, but with their two siblings Finn and Tori. And let's just say the 3 don't have the best sibling bond... or a bond at all.

They went downstairs with arms full of moving boxes labelled "KAI'S SHIT! DON'T TOUCH!"  They put them in the kitchen with the rest of the boxes and sat at the table to quietly and quickly eat breakfast with their family.

"I know this isn't ideal.." their dad began. This 'speech' is pretty much all what they heard whenever there was a family meal.

"We know Dad, it's the best we can do at the moment and we should calumet it as a healthy fresh start," Finn interrupted so he didn't have to listen to the same old sob story over and over again.

"Hey Kai didn't Hayley move to where we're going?"

"I'm yea I think," Hayley was Kai's only friend before she moved state to Illinois. But now they're moving there there's a chance they'll see her again. The trip finally had something good about it.

The noise of a truck pulled up outside, it was time to go to Chicago.