Chapter 4

Xavier's pov-

Can you forgive someone after what they've done to you? Some people can, and some can't. And I can't believe that she didn't know she slept with that guy. We made a promise, a promise that I hold until now.

That's why I never touch her, we want to wait until marriage yet she is the one who broke all the promises she said to me. And she wants me to listen to her? Or I am just a coward listening to her truth.

I shut my eyes. Years I believed that work will help me, at least forgetting some important matter but this I can't.

All of the memories I have with her flowed down on my head. I love her, cherish her. Can I truly end with her? Do I genuinely want to?

****

I met her on that very elevator. She was on her first day working here at my company and she was running late. Holding her stuff in her left hand while the other was trying to stop the elevator, she was wearing a mini black skirt and a white blouse. She looks beautiful in those simple outfits that this company applied.

Holding the elevator for her, she beams at me as soon as she steps into the elevator. I have never seen such a gorgeous smile. "Thank you." She added adjusting her handbag that kept falling from her shoulder.

Reaching her destination I guessed, she smiled again before she left. Oh, that smile I would like to keep to myself. I would like to see that smile every day. She is beautiful if I haven't said that yet.

Walking to my office I notice that my assistant is not there. I didn't query that much since I know my schedule for the day. Working on some paperwork, I heard Melinda voice talking to somebody.

She knocked on the office door, "Hey, you got the time?" she opened the door enough for her head to come through.

"Yeah, why?" I ask her, a little bit curious with whom she just talked just now. Stepping into the office, "I completely forgot to mention it to you, but Ellie was rushed to the hospital, and she tried to call you multiple times. You did not answer, so she asked me to tell you," Melinda said as she kept swinging the door.

"Oh! And here her letter for, you know.'' Melinda with her never-ending 'you know, giving me Ellie's letter for her notice of leave, shaking my head laughing at her weird behaviour lately.

"And, since you didn't know. I have come with a plan to find a temporary assistant for you. and, don't think about rejecting her since she is already here.'' She looked happy, written all over her face.

"Okay, I won't. But did you already brief her on my schedule?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, not questioning too much about it. Melinda knows what kind of assistant I need. She nodded a little bit vigorously, today.

"So, who and where is she?" I had to ask her since she doesn't seem to want the assistant to come in. "Outside, wait."

"You can come here." and there she is that girl. I was a little overwhelmed as if somebody heard my wish to keep her for myself, now that she is standing in front of me. Her green eyes, her straight natural brown hair, everything about her seems so perfect.

Don't get me wrong, I have been in a relationship before but that before. Melinda disturbs my thoughts.

"Okay, so your new assistant. Lavender." She smiles, showing her teeth to me. "Good luck, working lavy." Melinda tapped her shoulder before leaving us alone.

"Since Melinda already briefed you, you can start working. Your table is outside, and I don't know if Melinda has warned you but I don't welcome anyone coming into my office at one o'clock ." I state, stressing the last sentences.

"Alright, Mr Knight." her delicate soft voice ringing to my ear.

I am not the kind of person who asks a girl out without knowing her first, however, for her, I don't find the need to know her. She is what people call perfection. She has her flaws but the entire time I am working with her, she always strives to do better which makes me fall harder for her.

I know that she will be working temporarily for me, yet I don't want to look desperate for her. I did ask her out a couple of times but she does reject it every time saying that I am her boss. And we should not date.

Yet I make an effort for her to see that I am serious about her and she finally accepts me before she quits her job. We have been going out since then, and I never thought that things would turn out this way for us. The hard work is wasted effortlessly.

Perhaps I should have listened to them about not going out with her. But can I blame myself for this when she is the one who promises heaven?

Maybe some things did not always work out, right?

****

I am not ready to live my life ahead without her. She was the light of my life and the source of my air. She was the reason why I want to be a better man and person. My life before her was a disorderly mess. And, the moment she stepped into my dark hole, providing sparks to my hollow. I breathe, eventually.

Then, I make a promise to my darker side that I will love her with all I can and have. And nothing will ever change that.

The truth about that night I do not wish to know, I rather let it be buried down to the earth though time will prove she is not at fault, I was hurt and I am sure she was hurting hence can we love like all those all-time if we can, again?

Maybe, no. For she has done a lot for me, and she deserved someone else so do I. Maybe in this short life we had, we were not for one another.

****

A/N

Don't forget to,

vote, share and leave some comments :)