•2• Dates

Spencer decided to get ready for her date with Hanna. Can you even call it a date? They're just friends. Spencer decided to take a shower and put on her red long-sleeved horse shirt and black pants. She put her hair up into a ponytail and looked in the mirror. She sighed and grabbed a towel, dabbing it over her lip. The blood was dry, great. Whatever. Hearing the doorbell rang, she quickly ran downstairs to open it, seeing Hanna.

"Hey," Spencer greets with a small smile.

"Spence?" Hanna looked at Spencer with concern. "What happened?"

"Oh," Spencer chuckled a bit. "I fell in the shower."

Hanna shook her head, not seeming to buy it but shrugged anyways. "Okay. Be careful next time."

"Will do," Spencer replied and they both chuckled.

Hanna grabbed Spencer's arm and to the car.

Spencer opened the car door and hopped in with Hanna jumping in as well.

"So," Spencer said, fiddling with a string of her hair. "Where are we going?"

Hanna thought for a moment, "Maybe the theatre, or the arcade, or a restaurant. Where do you wanna go?"

Spencer smirked, "Surprise me."

"Okay," Hanna smiled before digging through her purse and putting a blindfold on Spencer.

"This isn't what I meant," Spencer said.

"But it's what you said," Hanna laughed.

Spencer chuckled, knowing Hanna was right. She still wasn't too keen on the idea of being blindfolded, but she let it happen anyway.

When Hanna took the blindfold off of Spencer, Spencer adjusted her eyes and saw a huge building in front of them. A movie theatre. A date. Grabbing Spencer's arm, Hanna brought Spencer in and paid for everything, whichever movie that they happened to see would be a surprise. They sat down in the seats and Hanna smirked, turning to Spencer.

"What?" Spencer questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Come on, Spence," Hanna laughed quietly. "Nobody comes here to actually watch the movies when they're on a date."

"Oh," Spencer shifted slightly. Then thought of what Hanna just said. "Date?"

Hanna's smile dropped when she too realized what she just said. She chuckled nervously, "Oops."

Spencer shook her head and took Hanna's into her own. "Would you like it to be a date?"

Hanna looked Spencer in the eyes, noting that she was being serious. Hanna smiled and nodded. "I mean, I know I'm not a boy and you're not a boy and we're both girls but maybe we can definitely pretend it's a date."

"I like that," Spencer smiled and leaned her head on Hanna's shoulder. Too bad Hanna didn't feel the same way for her. Spencer wanted to tell her, she really did, but she was getting nervous.

"Okay, Spence," Spencer snapped back her attention to Hanna when she heard her, seeing how sternly and confused she was. "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yours acting strange," Hanna replied. "I've seen you do this in classes, lunch, even when we're hanging out. What gives?"

"How am I acting strange?" Spencer mumbled, looking back at the blonde.

"You don't concentrate, Spencer. You're legs always jiggle, you get nervous, you look everywhere else. You even got sent to the principal's office! I mean, seriously! Spencer Hastings getting sent to the principal's office? What's happening?"

Spencer looked at Hanna, seeing how badly she wanted an answer. Looking away, she mumbled, "I don't know." Maybe because I'm gay for you. Spencer didn't say that out loud, but she wanted to. She knew an 'I don't know' wouldn't be a good enough answer so she tried to think of an excuse. "I've just been busy lately."

"With?" Hanna darted her eyes to the movie for a split second before looking back at Hanna.

"Trying to figure out who A is," Spencer sputtered out without thinking.

"Spencer," Hanna sighed, cupping Spencer's hands with her own. "Stop worrying about A for a couple minutes and enjoy your life. You're a kid like me, we need to live our lives without worrying about freaking A."

Spencer smiled slightly, knowing Hanna was right.

"Is anything else bothering you?" Hanna asked.

"Nope," Spencer replied quickly. Maybe a little too quickly.

Hanna grabbed Spencer's arm, causing her to flinch so she pulled her hand back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," Spencer breathed.

Hanna sighed and looked to the back of the room. Confused, Spencer looked where Hanna was looking.

"What are you looking at?" Spencer asked.

When Hanna looked back at Spencer, she had tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Spencer said while putting her hand on Hanna's shoulder.

"Everything, Spencer," Hanna choked back a sob. "I feel like there's more you're not telling me. I know we've kept secrets before, but this seems big. I want to help you but I can't if you won't tell me what's going on. Even if it's not that big, I want to help you. Friends help each other. You've always helped me when I was sad or upset, but I've never been able to do the same."

Spencer looked at Hanna's teary eyed and brought the poor girl into a hug. "Hanna," Spencer whispered. "Let's go back to your house, somewhere private, and I'll tell you what's going on."

Hanna pulled back and smiled at Spencer. "Thanks."

Spencer brushed back Hanna's bangs and nodded with a sly smile. Then they got up to leave.