✧ here now ; haiba lev

pairing: haiba lev x gender neutral!reader

genre: fluff, very slight angst, established relationship
type: prompt, drabble
prompt: "please don't be in love with someone else."
word count: 500+
warnings: none
synopsis: a call that badly ended leaves lev worrying and visiting you in the middle of the night. he's here now.

˚ ✧₊⁎ ☆*:.。.°.*♡*.°.。.:*☆ ⁎₊✧ ˚

ding ding ding

someone was urgently clicking your doorbell in the middle of the night, and you swear that nothing would save them from your wrath and irritation the moment you open the door.

who in their right mind would even pay you a visit at that ungodly hour? you didn't care if it was any of your close friends or family— they better have a good reason for interrupting your sleep on a weekday.

ding ding ding

you hurried to the front door and opened it to a looming figure who was catching his breath. you squinted your eyes, unable to immediately recognize the man. that was until you looked up and carefully scanned his face. it was lev.

he had a concerned expression on his face, like he had been worrying over something, and was staring at you intently.

the two of you didn't speak for a while, just taking your time to register each other's presence. it had been a long time since you saw the other, with lev's career as a model taking flight and carrying him over to several countries. the last form of communication you had was two months ago, which ended in a way that ambiguously redefined your relationship. you didn't know if you were still together or if that misunderstanding was the end of it all.

"l-lev... what are you- why are you here?" you stammered, still surprised to find him here at your apartment, a bit impressed that he still remembered where it was after a year of being apart.

he bent over, hands on his knees, and breathed in deeply a couple of times, before standing straight, clenching his fists.

"please..." your eyebrows jumped, curious about what he needed. "please, don't be in love with someone else."

your heart melted, along with the worries and frustration that had been pent up over the weeks.

"oh, honey," you murmured, wrapping your arms around his torso, and he followed quickly, bringing you closer to him.

"i'll be serious, i'll be responsible. i'll be whatever you need me to be. just please don't leave me, don't be in love with someone..." he rambled, and you could feel him shake a little. you wondered if this troubled him to the point that his body reacted this way.

you felt bad, now that you had him in your arms like this.

you led him inside your home and to the sofa, before serving him water, rubbing circles on his back. you observed him, taking in everything that's changed within the year. he had even more flawless skin, and though his looked worn out, his eyes and lips were glowing. you forgot how beautiful he was after a year of just seeing each other through gadgets.

"have you calmed down?" you asked gently after giving him a moment.

he looked at you, a bit more relaxed now. "yeah."

you smiled and ran your fingers through his hair.

"are we okay? i just- our last call scared me..." he muttered and began toying with his fingers.

you gave him a hug, which he returned at once.

that call was long forgotten, now that he was here. you were just frustrated that you couldn't be with him. now, you could put that behind.

you smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "you're really so different when you're serious." you hear a soft grunt in response. "we're okay now. forget about it. you're here now."

˚ ✧₊⁎ ☆*:.。.°.*♡*.°.。.:*☆ ⁎₊✧ ˚

published: december 23, 2021.