library ; nishinoya yuu

pairing: nishinoya yuu x gender neutral!reader

genre: fluff
type: one shot
word count: 2.4-2.5k
warnings: none
synopsis: helping out at the library finally became interesting when nishinoya and the gang (surprisingly) started reviewing there for exams.

˚ ✧₊⁎ ☆*:.。.°.*♡*.°.。.:*☆ ⁎₊✧ ˚

being in the library was not the first thing that would come to your mind as a way of passing time during breaks and dismissals, but you had no choice. it was actually part of your responsibilities after availing a scholarship, and so, you were stuck there every last 30 minutes of lunch break and one hour after school, assisting the librarians at the counter where students returned and borrowed books.

it wasn't all that bad since you had a quiet and cool place to finish your homeworks. this left you with more time to yourself once you got back home. however, after the doing-your-homeworks part, there was nothing else to do. people hardly went to the library during your shifts, and students rarely borrowed and returned books, except for desperate third years who resorted to print materials for reference. there were a few uninspired-but-still-working-hard students who stayed after classes, but that was about it. the library only became packed during exam season, but it wasn't like you were in charge of keeping the order in there, so you still had nothing to do by then.

it was admittedly a tiring and boring routine, that was why you perked up when you saw your senpai shimizu kiyoko come in, go in the counter, and sit next to you. you were delighted at the new company for today.

"shimizu-senpai!" you greeted quietly with a smile on your face. "no training today?"

shimizu settled in her usual seat whenever she helped out in the library. "none," she replied, shaking her head a little, "we decided to take breaks every other day for this week. some of our players are struggling with their grades, and they need to pass the exams if they want to go to a training camp takeda-sensei arranged for us."

you nodded in understanding after she explained. you were about to start a conversation with her, but you noticed that the girl was staring off to somewhere in the library. you followed her gaze and saw a familiar second year sitting with his friend at one corner. you raised your eyebrow.

"nishinoya?" you whispered, getting her attention, "you like nishinoya, senpai?"

she looked at you with a surprised expression, like you had just offended her in some way.

"no," she said, slightly laughing, "noya's a good guy, but i like someone else." she gave you a smile, like she knew something. "you know him?"

you pursed your lips, looking back at the day you first talked to the guy. "uh, somehow? we're sort of acquaintances," you replied. "i know he's the libero of the volleyball team you manage, and i heard about his suspension since it was the talk among second years back then." you looked up and tried to think more, "oh! and he's got a big crush on you."

shimizu shrugged at the last statement. "i don't think that's true now. i think his crush finally died down," she said, looking a little grateful as she spoke about that. "it's weird though. even if he were still to have a small crush on me, which i doubt, he's not one to go to the library at all, not even for me. unless he's..." she paused, hesitating to say what was on her mind. she mulled on a thought, and it was as if she was playing a memory in her head. your eyes urged her to continue, convincing her that she could trust you with whatever it was, but she shook her head and let out a small 'nevermind.'