Chapter 23 - Breaking In

"Louis, if Madame Koo is telling the truth, we have to take down his Tianjin property as soon as possible." Carman says with extreme determination. "He Chunfeng's social circle will do everything to delay the investigation. We have to act now, but how?!"

Louis propped his arms on the desk and clasped his hands together. Carman dropped by his office just to nag about the situation. She's been walking back and forth while ranting in front of his desk and watching her makes him a bit dizzy.

"He Chunfeng's not even officially arrested yet... just detained. The police doesn't have the permission to search his properties. To do that without a warrant would be crime."

"Crime my ass. After you trespassed his mansion, I don't think you're the one to talk."

Louis tried not to smirk at what Carman said. He's just stating it as a fact, it's not like he can't do it again.

"It's been almost two weeks, it's taking so long."

The police always reasons out that except from He Chunfeng's case, they still have a lot of cases on their backs.

Carman's face darkened as she grew anxious. They still need to wait some time to search his properties! But time is precious, there's countless of people who depend on them. Meika depends on them.

Louis sighs as he saw the worry written on her face. "I'm working on it, Carman. Don't overthink. My men are prepared and if no search warrants are given in the next few hours, they will move. Although, we must do all this in secrecy. If the police finds out we're butting in their works, they wouldn't like it."

"So, you already made an arrangement?"

He shrugs. "I had to."

Louis made up his mind. Whatever consequences awaits him, he has to correct his mistakes. If they can save Meika, regarding the ways on how they'll do it, Louis wouldn't care. The end justifies the means anyway.

"Where are these men you're talking about?" Carman asked again.

"They're already in Tianjin." He hired them after his talk with Sandy. "If ever Sandy's hunch was right... that He Chunfeng's business partners will destroy the evidence whatever it takes, my men will take action to counteract them."

"And these men you hired... are they capable?"

Actually, Louis tried to find the best he can find in such a short amount of time. He wishes it's enough.

"They're yet to prove themselves." They have to because he is paying them millions for a successful mission.

To be honest, he has doubts too. The He's property in Tianjin is HUGE, he never even had the chance to go inside. They don't know the roundabout of that place but they already have an idea.

Sandy has been cooperative in the past two weeks. He wondered what came into her... or if she's even telling the truth. However, what he noticed at that woman, she often stares at nothingness recently, as if her mind's travelling somewhere else. It's as if she's peaceful nowadays.

When he asked Sandy what to expect inside the Tianjin property, she actually answered without her usual sarcasm. She said there'll be a huge wall inside, far from the hangar and runway, behind the walls is a mansion with an underground facility, He Chunfeng's safe house, where most of his secrets are hidden.

"Anyway, Carman, I have to go." He stood up after a while.

"Going home now?"

Louis only shook a head.

"And where the heck are you going?"

"I'm a meticulous person. I don't leave my men to do the job, I do the job with them."