Chapter 4 - Special Someone

When Yibo said he’d focus solely on him, he certainly wasn’t joking. He really went on and live by their label. 

Those things should be okay, but it was also dangerous. Whenever Yibo’s lips curl into the most adorable of all smiles; whenever his eyes twinkle in mischief; or just when his dark orbs stare at him – Xiao Zhan could hear the bell ringing inside his head as if warning him that this thing between them could end anytime and he shouldn’t be too carried away.

Xiao Zhan couldn’t understand his own self. He did thought that he should believe that he’s in love; and that he’d be loyal; and even in the comfort of his own personal space and within his close friends and personal life; even outside the entertainment industry, he’ll regard Wang Yibo as his boyfriend. 

If only he knew that he’s susceptible from Yibo’s charm, he should’ve been more cautious!

Now he’s starting to get affected but he can’t back out… and so, he just have to torture himself by basking in Yibo’s sweetness – in which he doesn’t even consider as suffering.

There was this one time when he was recording a new song and when he asked a staff for a bottled water, there was a commotion outside the studio – the production crew was squealing – and he found out why when the door to the live room swung open and what greeted him was Yibo.

The younger came without make up, the bags under his eyes were about the size of a thumb. In all honesty, he looked exhausted, as if just finished a long filming but those dark eye bags did nothing to conceal his beauty. Yibo was smiling with his eyes, handing him a bottled water. Turns out, he was there to visit him and the staffs urged that he give the water by himself.

And it didn’t end there, the record producer even suggested for Yibo to stay inside the live room to keep him inspired. As if those things weren’t enough to boost him up, when he couldn’t perfect one note, the producer even asked Yibo to hold his hand.

With that, whenever he listens to that song, it reminds him of Yibo, the glint in his eyes as he patiently watched him while recording, the playful smile that tugs his lips, the feeling of their intertwined hands.

Yibo makes his chest twitch; his heart do somersaults; and his stomach churn, but they were so comforting that it scares him.

Oh and one more thing, Yibo can drive him… jealous.

“Zhan-ge~ I’m doing good but I can’t meet with you today. Sorry. We’re having a discussion about commercial filming. But if you’re not busy the next day, then you can visit me on set. I hope you’re also doing good. Talk to you later~”

It was what Yibo’s message reads when he once checked on him. Tomorrow is his birthday, that’s why he was saying if he’s not busy then he can pay a visit. Xiao Zhan knew he should.

The commercial he was talking about is for a brand of toothpaste and he’ll film it with Kei… again! As in that Kei who said she’s closer to Yibo than he ever thinks.

Xiao Zhan’s face turned sour. 

He completely understand that it was for work but he knows that before they agreed to date, Yibo likes someone genuinely, he’s afraid that it must be her all along. It was a paranoid thought but it was also possible. They’ve known each other for years! Not only the two are label mates, Yibo and Kei have had works together in the past as well. They were even linked and rumored. 

“Aiya! You are the boyfriend, you have all the rights to be jealous.” Ji Li said when he told his friends about it.

He scoffed at that. “I’m not jealous! I’m just annoyed.”