Chapter 25 - Deep-Seated Hatred

Louis smirked triumphantly as He Chunfeng finally emerged out of his designated area where he was being detained while awaiting trial. There's a glass wall dividing them, and this glass wall has a small hole where he can hold the geezer's hand if they'd want to be emotional or whatever but he's not here as a friendly gesture.

Louis visited just to spite him!

"Have you been sleeping properly, old man?" He asked with his patronizing tone. The man's eye bags stand out.

But of course, he's talking about He Chunfeng, a bigger egoist than he is, he will never show that he's suffering. The chairman grins back at him, wicked and knowing.

"Louis Koo, you think you won?"

He shrugs. "With me sitting here and you sitting over there, bound by a handcuff?! Of course, I won."

Yet He Chunfeng's grin didn't leave his face. If anything, it turned wider.

"C'mon, Chairman He... there's only one way for you—and it's your downfall. So, why don't you cooperate and start naming your allies? After all, I doubt they'll help you get out of here." He's confident that He Chunfeng will live the rest of his life in prison, and his son will follow suit.

"Louis Koo..." The man shook a head and let out a mocking chuckle. "Of course, I'll name all those bastards... I'll name them one by one." He Chunfeng paused and looked at him mischievously. "But I don't think it'll sit well with you, considering that your family's name will also be in peril."

Louis' grin faded and it was replaced by a frown. "Stop playing with me. What the fuck do you mean?"

He Chunfeng leaned back and crossed his arms, with the way he smiles, it was as if he was making fun of Louis in his mind.

"Louis Koo, by exposing me, you think you were so great? But what you do not know, someone worse is hiding inside your family. At least as evil as I am, I don't kill someone I love."

His frown went deeper. "Wh-Who are you talking about?"

"Who else but the madam of the house?!" The old geezer's eyes were sparkling, taking pleasure in the confusion he sees on his face.

Louis was taken aback. Of course, that woman is wretched and evil in her own way but he can confidently say that even when Sandy is the cause of all his insecurities and scars while growing up, He Chunfeng is by far worse.

Yet what is he saying about Sandy killing the person she loves?!

"Louis Koo, I may not be able to get back at you but I can still give you something that will torment your mind."

"Do you think I'd believe a brazen rascal like you?"

"You once did." The sick bastard's laugh was a mockery. The sound of his voice infuriates Louis even more.

"Don't play with me!"

"We're past playmates, Louis." The old man clicked his tongue. "Poor Chingwan, his son was too stupid to even bring him justice."

His face changed at the mention of his dad. What does he have to do with this?

"Do you know why it was so easy for us to forge documents and drag Lush Zeal into a controversy? Since your father's death, I've been doing business with Sandy Koo under your nose—ahh erase that. Even before Chingwan's death, I've been negotiating with that woman."

Louis remained silent yet his eyes emit fire.

"Let's say... your father's death was our first business together."