Chapter 17

I gotta say, making them happy is so great :))

But what about... Angst?? Very fun to write because I live for torturing my readers. Not this chapter, though. I can't flip flop so much between happy and sad. I'll keep this one happy.

No tws :) This chapter is basically part one, I got too lazy to finish everything that's going to happen so I'll put that in chapter 18.

No, we didn't get to stay like that forever. We had things to do. I was planning to make breakfast. Sherlock was going to email Lestrade for some updates.

I was making scrambled eggs and porridge, with a kettle on for coffee. Sherlock was at the table, clacking away on his laptop. It was nice. Calm.

The eggs didn't have anything with them- they were just plain. The porridge was apple and cinnamon. It was thinner than it should be, but mostly because I wasn't really sure how much Sherlock could eat yet, especially solid. I finished up the food and put it on two plates, with the porridge in bowls on the plates. Just as I was pouring the coffee, Sherlock spoke.

"Lestrade has a case."

My hand froze on the handle of the kettle.

"What?"

"A case. Lestrade has a new one they need help on. The gingers case was solved a little while back but there's a new one he thi-"

"Are you serious? Is he serious? You just got out of hospital!" I hurried over to look at the messages, wondering what in the world Lestrade was thinking.

"Sherlock,
Yes, we do have a case we're currently working on. The case surrounding the gingers was solved, but we do have a new one. Are you sure you're up for it? I heard you in hospital recently. If you are, you can come down to the station and I'll brief you on the case..."

The rest of the message was just Lestrade's goodbye and his email address and all that.

I read it again, and then turned to Sherlock.

"A case? So soon? You can't-" My words stopped when I saw Sherlock's expression. He seemed disappointed. Very. He sighed.

"If you don't think I'm capable, then we can wait, I suppose," he grumbled, sinking down in his seay just slightly.

"I never said that!" I pursed my lips. "I just mean that- maybe it's not a good idea to do it right after... everything... You know?"

He didn't look at me.

"I'm capable of working a case, John."

"I know, just-"

"Listen. Are you coming or not?"

I stared at him. He glanced at me for a moment, and then looked away. Finally, I responded.

"Fine. After breakfast."

"Right."