thirteen

iwaizumi's head was racing with scenarios of what to do, and he couldn't find the right one no matter how many times he tried. it was torture. he sat by his window staring at the road as he thought to himself. he didn't even know when oikawa was set to leave. it could of been tomorrow for all he knew. which is why he had to act now. this was no time for iwaizumi to chicken out.

but was this really the right thing to do? if oikawa had finally gotten over iwaizumi and built this relationship with manuel would this really be okay? for him to storm down to his house and confess his love.

and what would the poor foreign guy do?

iwaizumi tried to erase those sympathetic thoughts for the other guy from his mind, because right now this wasn't about him or his feelings. it was about iwaizumi, and iwaizumi was definitely selfish enough to take oikawa back. he had to.

it was the selfish thing to do, beg oikawa to stay and love him, but even then iwaizumi would move across the world for him. it didn't matter where he was as long as he was with oikawa. that's how crazy he was about him.

he just hoped oikawa still felt the same, because if he didn't this was going to be embarrassing. and potentially heart breaking and result in iwaizumi never believing in love again.

but he put all the negativity aside and focused only on one thing, the possibility of oikawa feeling the same. iwaizumi couldn't wait any longer, he had waited two years and now the opportunity finally came he wasn't about to waste it. he thought about and planned and everything would be fine, and if it wasn't then at least iwaizumi wouldn't regret trying.

he rushed down the stairs and left through the front door without even a word to his mother before running down to oikawa's house. he ran as the sun had already began to set and the skies were painted orange and red, the tress blowing gently in the breeze. the warmth but yet coolness of the breeze passing him as he ran.

before he reached oikawa's house and knocked on the door hastily without a second thought. he suddenly realised he was here and he was actually doing this, seeing a figure come to the door iwaizumi almost turned around and made a run for it. but there was no point now. he was going to tell oikawa he loved him no matter what.

"hajime? what are you doing here? i wasn't even aware you were—"

"i'm sorry, but is oikawa in?" iwaizumi cut her off.

she stopped and looked at him as he was slightly breathless from running, she smiled and nodded.

"do you want to come in? or should i go grab him for you?" she asked.

"could you grab him please? there's something i'd like to tell him alone," iwaizumi told oikawa's mum.

oikawa's mum hummed in response before turning around and heading up the stairs towards his room. iwaizumi wasn't waiting too long, until he saw her coming back down with oikawa following behind. she merely nodded to iwaizumi before leaving for the kitchen, leaving oikawa with him alone.

oikawa saw iwaizumi at the door and stopped in his tracks, standing on the bottom step looking him up and down yet again trying to figure him out.

"oikawa," iwaizumi said from outside, trying to get him to stop being so suspicious and come speak to him.

he didn't respond, he just stepped down slowly and made his way towards him. he stepped outside the door and iwaizumi walked a little backwards for him so he had room. the door closed and the two of them were left stood outside the front door, silence filling the air as the two boys stared at each other.