Interlude: Jacob, or the epitome of Toxic Masculinity

Election night 2016. Jacob was hanging out with his mother and father when it was going on. Fox News was on the tube, of course. Jacob's father scrolled through Facebook and, specifically, some page called Liberty Lovers For Trump. That page had already declared Trump the winner, despite no official consensus yet. "They're saying he won! They're saying he won goddammit!" Jacob's father readjusted his MAGA hat and felt proud when he wore it. Jacob's mother stood in the corner of the kitchen silently, sipping on a cup of tea. She didn't talk about politics very much. She remained quiet, a good little Housewife for the Husband to fuck.

Jacob was absorbing everything in front of him. He had only been in college for a short amount of time. On the side, he was slinging drugs. His parents did not know about this. His career as a criminal had already begun. It was small right now, but it would change soon enough.

Jacob had no real strong opinion in regards to politics. He didn't really care for politics in general. All he knew is he hated authority, that was his main philosophy. It was why he had no problems becoming a criminal. Of course, he had conservative values too. They were ingrained in him at birth from his wonderful father. Jacob didn't respect women very much because his father didn't respect his mother very much. So, he learned from the best.

"Oh shit. He clinched Pennsylvania!" His father exclaimed. "Ain't no way he's losing!"

Jacob sat on the couch quietly, scrolling through Tinder on his phone. He was desperate to get laid. He missed being with Natasha. He thought about her and how she felt all the time...

He couldn't help himself. Girls were all he thought about. Getting his dick wet was all he really thought about. It was the only thing that gave him any kind of real rush, besides slinging drugs. It was becoming harder and harder for him to get excited about anything in life. He felt very depressed, but he wasn't really sure where to place that energy.

He swiped right on all of them. He didn't care. He didn't care. Some time passed and some messages exchanged and then all of the sudden, Jacob was in his shitty sedan, driving to a woman's house late at night. His parents didn't question it. His father was too busy praising the Almighty Lord and Savior Donald J. Trump. His mother was too busy boozing in the kitchen to give a shit. She had to numb the pain somehow.

It was a thirty-minute drive to see some desperate, lonely woman in her 30s. She lived in a decent middle-class neighborhood. The house from the outside was a basic house in any decent Texas suburb. Bricks, boring, sameness. Americana. He knocked on the door and the woman, who was only in a T-shirt, answered. "Hey." Jacob said first. He liked to be the one to talk first. He wanted to command authority.

"Get in here." She said. Jacob walked toward her and started to kiss her neck. "God, I don't normally do stuff like this..." She moaned as she spoke.

"I'm glad I can be the first person you do something like this with ..." Jacob whispered in her ear. The woman grabbed Jacob by the hand and took him into her bedroom. Jacob threw her on the bed.

"Oh, be careful. That hurt." She said.

"Sorry." Jacob said in a monotone voice. He went down on her immediately.

"Oh fuck." She moaned as she grabbed his head. Jacob went back up to her actual lips and kissed them and then he put his hard cock inside her. "Did you put a condom on?" She asked.

Jacob nodded. He did not put a condom on. He thrust into her, harder and harder. He grabbed her by the throat.

"Too hard!" She said through tightened breaths. Jacob didn't stop choking. He choked harder. "Sto-" She was finding it more and more difficult to breath. She tried to push Jacob off of her. She couldn't do it. Jacob finished inside of her with his hand tightened on her throat. He did not last very long. He let go of her throat. She tried to catch her breath. She talked through choked breaths. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You almost killed me! I'm calling the police."

"I'm sorry." Jacob said in a monotone voice as he pulled his clothes back on. She started to call the police. Jacob still moved slowly, without much care. He had become numb to the world around him. He walked out of the house slowly. He had gotten what he wanted and he was satisfied.

"Don't you dare fucking leave! You fucking rapist fuck! I know your name!" She screamed as he walked out of the front door and got back into his car. She didn't know his name. She didn't know his location either. He had spoofed everything. This wasn't the first time he did things like this. He had had plenty of victims, which to him, were just Fuck Dolls. They weren't women, they were holes that talked far too much, but he knew how to hide how he felt most of the time. It was getting harder for him to hide it. She wasn't going to be able to track him down. She wasn't going to remember what car he drove or the plate. She didn't think about getting them in time. He just got away with it, leaving another scar on a woman, because he merely felt like he could, with no consequence.

Jacob was one person from a small Texas town doing this on the election night of 2016. Across America, men were celebrating the hopeful victory of a man who scarred many women. It was his defining trait. And yet, nobody cared. He lived right among us, and nobody really cared. And now, he could have the nuclear football, too.

It was tiresome. Jacob was the epitome of toxic masculinity. It was who he was. It was who he was always meant to be, and well, didn't the country agree?

The New York Times 11/9/2016

"TRUMP TRIUMPHS: OUTSIDER MOGUL CAPTURES THE PRESIDENCY,

STUNNING CLINTON IN BATTLEGROUND STATES"