Chapter 12: a Christmas special

They headed back to Harold's apartment to wrap their gifts. Harold looked in the hallway closet and found some wrapping paper and some scissors.

"Found some!" He shouted.

"Great! Let's get started." Dasha said as she grabbed a roll and headed to a room to keep her gifts a secret while she started wrapping.

Nika sat on the couch quietly and was a little upset after what the Karen bitch said to her earlier. Harold noticed and sat next to her.

"Hey are you okay Nika?" Harold asked as he put his arm around her.

"Yeah. It's just that I missed my parents and my family. I hate living alone."

Harold started to understand what she was going through so he hugged her. Nika smiled a little and hugged him back tightly for a couple of minutes. Later on, they finally finished wrapping up the presents and set them under the tree for Christmas Day. Harold can't wait to see Nika's reaction when she knows that he bought a necklace for her.

The next day...

It was Christmas Eve and Nika decided to visit the social services center to see how Issac is doing after what happened yesterday. As she walked inside, she headed to the counter where there was a female cat anthro relaxing and texting on her phone.

"Hey excuse me." Nika said.

The cat anthro looked up and put her phone down and asked, "Hello and how can I help you?"

"Hi, I want to see um a child named Isaac. I just want to see how he's doing." Nika says.

"Oh. You must be that shark that pepper sprayed his abusive mother in the eyes." The cat anthro said.

"Yes and I just want to see he's okay and well... um..."

"Are you thinking of adopting him?" She interrupted.

"Well... maybe but I'm only 17."

"Then I'm sorry. I can't let you see him unless you are adopting him and you have to be at least 21 to adopt anyway." The cat anthro said.

"Come on. I saved his life from a horrible person. I just want to see if he's okay." Nika said.

"Look. He's fine and in good hands. He won't go back to his biological mother anyway. So please leave." She said as she sat back down.

"Fine! And I hope you rot in hell too." Nika said as she walked out.

Nika was a little upset since she started to have a loving mother or sister feeling towards Issac and wanted to do anything for him. As she was about to walk home, she saw Dasha's mother, Natalya, passing by with some human children for the social services to take in.

"Oh hey Nika. What brings you here?" Natalya asked.

"Well, I just wanted to see a human child that I saved earlier from his abusive mother and wanted to make sure he's okay."

"Oh really? Don't worry. I'll tell you what, after I take care of these kids first. I'll figure something out." Natalya says.

"Thank you Natalya." Nika says as she follows her inside.

Later...

Harold went to see Nika but noticed she wasn't home yet and went to go see Dasha to see if she knew where she was. As he knocked on the door. Dasha answers and smiles when she sees him.

"Hey Harold. What brings you here?"

"I'm just wondering if you saw Nika today?" He asked

"Nope, I didn't hear from her today yet and I was about to go see her too." Dasha said.

"Well she's not home. Want to hang out at my place for a bit?" Harold asked.

"Sure why not. I do want to challenge you on Pokémon sword." Dasha said as she brought her switch lite out.

"Oh it's on Dasha. Let's go" Harold said.

Meanwhile...

Isaac was laying on his bed trying to get over what happened yesterday and what his mother said to him until there was a knock on the door and he opened it. He noticed it was Nika and he smiled a little.

"Nika!" Isaac said as he hugged her. Nika smiled and they had a good conversation together for a while.

"I'm doing okay. I just wish my mother actually cared about me."

"I know but she is not the right mother for you. And besides I never knew my mother at all."

"Really?"

"Yeah since I was born. Never saw her again after that." Nika said.

"Sorry about my mean mom saying that to you." He said.

"It's fine. It doesn't bother me."

Then, they hugged and Natalya heard their whole conversation from the doorway and had an idea.

As Nika and Issac hugged and they said goodbye to each other before she left the room.

"Thank you Natalya." Nika said.

"No problem." Natalya said.

After Nika went home. Natalya decided to adopt Isaac as her own child since she knows Dasha would like a sibling.

The next day. Today is Christmas Day and Nika and Dasha went to visit to open up their exchanged gifts. Harold opened his first from Nika and was surprised that he got GTA the trilogy edition for his switch.

"Thank you Nika. How did you know?!" Harold asked with excitement

"Oh, I just know since you kept talking about it sometimes."

"Well you will be more excited when you open my gift." Harold said as he gave his wrapped gift for her.

Nika tore the wrapping paper off and made a huge gasp as she opened the box and took out the beautiful necklace.

"OH MY GOD! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" Nika shouted as she hugged him tight and gave him many kisses to his face and a lick. Dasha started laughing a little and joined in as well since Harold bought her a ring as well which made her fall in love with him as well.

After a great day of partying and having a great Christmas time, Dasha headed back to her apartment and noticed her mother Natalya waiting for her.

"Right on time. I got a surprise for you." Natalya said.

"What is it?" Dasha said with excitement.

"You can come out Isaac." Natalya said.

Dasha saw the human child coming out of the hallway and said, "Who is that mom?"

"Your new little brother."