1 - 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this one-shot. I had many ideas but wrote down my personal favorites. Hope you enjoy my wacky mind.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark clouds covered the night sky of Musutafu, Japan. Normal civilians rest in their humble homes, while evil comes out to play in the dead of night. The smell of rain remained from the previous night and the roads were littered with puddles of dirty water.

The sound of sturdy heel boots clicking can be heard walking down an isolated street. Walking proudly on the sidewalk was the Rated-R heroine herself, Midnight. Nemuri Kayama observed the streets with what appeared to be a casual look but those carefully trained eyes were searching for anything suspicious.

Her hero costume hugged tightly around her body and a cold wind blew by, making her slightly shiver. The thin tearable fabric that contained her quirk wasn't exactly the best for chilly weather.

It was rare to find the dominatrix-like heroine roaming around neighborhoods on patrols. Her position at U.A. High as a Modern Hero Art History teacher takes a large majority of her time, from actual teaching, grading papers, and planning future assignments. Luckily, winter break gave her the opportunity to return to the field.

It always gave her a huge sense of pride as fans nervously waved or approached her for something as simple as a question or an autograph. Defeating low-level villains was a breeze compared to the organization that constantly attacks her first-year students.

But now with everyone at home and very little need to perform extravagantly, the pep in her step she had at the beginning of the day was replaced by a normal stride. Now, the Rated-R heroine was left alone to be Nemuri Kayama, the single 31-year-old teacher with almost no social life outside the professional relationship with her co-workers.

The constant thumping in her chest that felt fulfilled while doing hero-work now felt as hollow as it does when she returns home. No one was waiting for her safe return, well, besides her cat Eve. There was no one to blame but herself for her current relationship status and she well knew that. The consequence of being an openly sexualized hero was something she knew from the beginning was going to affect her ability to find a partner but that didn't matter much to her.

Her dedication to being a hero and a symbol for young people to release their repressed emotions safely was much more important than finding a significant other. But that didn't stop the feeling of emptiness she carried day-in and day-out.

She sighed as she came to a stop at a lonely street corner, just thinking about her loneliness gave her a bad taste in her mouth. It looked like it was going to be a quiet night, she should just call it a day.

As she was turning the corner to head home, the sounds of gunshots in the distance erupted suddenly. Without a second thought, she started to head towards the direction of the possible firefight.

- ( MINUTES LATER ) -

Just by Suruga bay, a large single-story warehouse was the source of the continuous firefight. The pro-heroine searched around the building looking for a safe entrance. Taking into account that nearby residents might have already called the authorities, back-up might take some time to arrive. Shootouts like these were not rare as many gangs fight against one another in both public and secluded areas.