Birthday Morning

Feyre: My mate had gone to bed late the night before which allowed me to sneak out of bed while he slept in. Slowly, I slide off the bed, cringing when I feel Rhysand shift. I freeze until his breathing slows again. Gently, I fix the covers around him and made my way downstairs where Nuala was waiting for me. I could have had them prepare breakfast, but I wanted to make it myself. I also wanted it to be edible which was why I asked them to supervise me.

Rhys: I grumbled into my pillow, arm reaching and patting the bed to find my mate but she was already up. "Fey?" I mumbled, still half asleep before sitting up, pouting just a little. I washed up and made my way downstairs. It was my birthday and I wanted cuddles from my mate. "Fey, love?"

Feyre: Hearing your voice as you make your way down the steps, I panic. "No no no." I rush out of the kitchen before you can make your way in. "Hi, my love... You're supposed to still be asleep." Walking over to you, I nudge you to go back upstairs. "I will be right there, okay? Sleep, sleep, sleep."

Rhys: "Can I get a cuddle? A kiss?" I ask, laughing.

Feyre: I can't help but scrunch up my nose at how pouty you were being. Lowering your face, I give you a long and gentle kiss. "Happy birthday, Rhys." I whisper as I hug you. "Now go back to bed. This didn't happen. I swear you will get cuddles."

Rhys: I grin and kiss you back. "Yes, boss. Your mate is still sleeping..." I make my way back to bed and slip back under the blankets, smiling.

Feyre: I roll my eyes and smile at you. Once I was sure you were upstairs, I hurry back to the kitchen where Nuala had finished and helped me set everything on the tray. Though Elain was gone now, we still had the garden.

I pick up a few blue and white roses before making my way upstairs to you. I sneak a peak, wondering if you were asleep or not. Setting the tray down on the night stand, I slip back under the covers and move to cuddle you.

"Good morning, birthday boy." I whisper, placing peck all over your face and jawline.

Rhys: I slide my arms around you, grinning like a fool. "Good morning my lovely mate..." I press kisses to your neck. "You should wake me like this everyday, I wouldn't complain."

Feyre: "I don't know why I don't. I'd love nothing more than to wake you up with kisses every day." I grin, my lips trailing down your neck and back up to your lips. "Did you sleep well?" I ask, stroking your cheek.

Rhys: "I did, thank you, love....did you? Or were you busy plotting and planning for me?" I ask, tucking your hair behind your ear.

Feyre: "A bit of both?" I say with a laugh. "I kept waking up, because I worried I'd oversleep." I admit, kissing your nose followed by your forehead. "You weren't supposed to wake up before I came back." I sigh, already a flaw in my scheme. "But I'm here now and we can cuddle as much as you want."

Rhys: "Msorry, I saw nothing, I just missed you." I kiss you tenderly, pulling you close. "mmthank you for everything, for planning anything, Fey."

Feyre: "I missed you too." I squeeze my arms around you, your sleepiness bewitching me. You were adorable like this and so vulnerable. Unlike the front you put up with so many. 

"I haven't even done anything yet... Wait before you thank me. Maybe it won't live up to your expectations." I say, slightly concerned. You always found ways of making everything perfect. I was no good at all this. "I was thinking after breakfast... And some activities if you feel like it, we could take a flight around Velaris first."

Rhys: "You can't help but exceed my expectations..." I smile over at you. "You're everything to me you know? There was a time I couldn't imagine having a mate...and now I couldn't imagine my life without you."