(Chapter-6) Confession 1

Norah's pov

Days passed by. I was accepting the fact that people do change. It was clear in my mind that
I won't let this Alice to ruin my image of the Alice who was once my best friend. She will always be someone I looked up to, someone I shared my happiest memories with.
This new Alice has nothing to do with me and I don't have anything to do with her either.

Troy has changed completely too. Although he continues to tease me yet it's in a positive way unlike earlier. I don't know what had happened that made him like this but this side of him is really cheerful and charming. We are getting closer by the day.

And then, one day, in the library, when I was struggling with my assignment, a cheeky boy named Ryan offered to help me. With this purpose, he took my phone number and since then, he had been hitting on me. Yes, he did help me but his flirting was triple of the help he had provided. Although I knew I wouldn't fall for him yet I couldn't refuse him. His grey eyes are so alluring that almost all girls in the library are simp over him. He seemed to be a playboy in our first encounter but then I knew that he hadn't even dated a single lass or lad from our school.

--

Then came my first prom night in high school as a freshman. I was so super excited.

I wore a scarlet red gown along with a pair of red heels that Granny had bought for me, and wore my hair in a low bun. I have to say, I really looked glamorous.

Ryan had been calling me since forever but I didn't pick a single call or rather to say, I didn't dare to pick 'cause I knew what was coming.

--

As I entered the ballroom, my eyes were wonderstruck by the beautiful decoration.
The first person that caught my eye among the crowds was Troy. He looked so damn fine in his light blue shirt and navy blue silk suit that I mumbled in the air, "Whoa!". Who gave him the right to look so damn elegant? And, of course he was surrounded by the flirty lasses as usual.

Just when I was on my way to greet Troy, someone shouted my name from the crowd. And as I guessed, it was Ryan. My eyes widened at seeing him. He too is wearing a scarlet coloured suit with a white shirt!!

"Goddammit! This is so abrupt!", I yelped.

To make things more embarrassing, he stepped towards me and took hold of my right hand and asked me to dance with him while the whole crowd was googling their eyes at us. Some of the lads were screaming, "Aww!! What a cute pair!"
Holy fuck U_U

Bewildered by the chaos and not knowing what to do, I turned around in search of my savior just to get a death glare from Troy.

Eventually, I decided to join him in the dance although I was uncomfortable by the gazes that were still on us. After dancing for freaking 30 minutes or so, Ryan stopped dancing and slowly released me from his gasp. Taking this holy chance, I said, "We should take a break now. I'm going to the restroom."

And slowly, I turned away from him in an attempt to run but just then, he clasped my hand and pulled me....into a...kiss! I was just standing there like a statue, confused. Then he pulled away and confessed, " I love you Norah..I've been loving you since our first encounter. Although there's a very low chance of you loving me back, you have the right to know that I really love you."

I was left speechless. I know that he must love me too much that he had chosen this way to confess his feelings for me even though he knew its consequences but I couldn't reciprocate his feelings and it was probably for the same damn reason - I was afraid of falling in love, afraid that I would get hurt in the end. What if I fall for someone and they leave me like my parents did? And most importantly, I didn't even know my own feelings.

While standing there awfully, a thousands of dark thoughts crept into my mind. Ultimately, I was unable to handle those and cried, "No, I can't... You don't deserve me." and rushed out of the crowd, heading to the backyard of our school were no one could see me.

Unceasing tears were flowing down my cheeks and I didn't even attempt to hold them back. My internal thoughts were conflicting. Why is it so difficult for me to love someone? Even if I  try, my fears don't let me. Why can't I even control my own mind? Am I that weak?

--

After pulling such a show in front of everyone,  I was sitting beneath a huge tree while crying my eyes out. As I was trying to hold back my negative thoughts, I heard someone's footsteps coming towards me. When I turned around, I saw Troy. With a solacing face, he was staring at me. He then sat beside me and patted my head a couple of times.

What? Since when did Troy become such considerate?

I forgot about almost everything else at that moment. I felt something uneasy in my chest.

He didn't say a word. Actually, words were worthless at that moment. It felt like just him being beside me was more than enough.

Troy then slowly wrapped his arms around mine and gave me a warm hug. Gosh! This is everything I could ever wish for!

This kinda actions were not at all normal especially for Troy but the feelings of mine at that time were more abnormal.
I didn't know what was happening to my mind and heart.

All kind of confusing emotions and feelings were running through my body while suddenly, Troy took hold of one of my hands and enterwined his fingers with mine. I was totally started and turned up to look at him but immediately turned sideways.

What the hell is Troy doing?

Damn! What's happening to me!? I'll go crazy now.

This time, on the contrary, I was trying to remember the chaos again so that my mind comes to it's place.

While my mind was going all chaotic, Troy was just sitting there, giving me some mini heart attacks every possible second.

Is he trying to console me or kill me by giving me a heart attack!? I don't know if Troy is doing it intentionally but if he continues doing these I'll really smack his head.

Well, smack his head?
Umm..no. Actually, I like this.

We sat there for hours, staring at the starry sky, our fingers enterwined. All my fears vanished at that moment. I was feeling something new, something I've never felt before.

Damn! This feeling is soo good!

_____

A/N

Hello!

The italicized sentences are always in present tense because they are the present thoughts Norah had while the events were occurring.

And I know this chapter is a bit fast paced but I don't want to drag this story.
The main part haven't started yet;)

Thank you :))