Chapter Three

The nun ran out of the dungeon, not even bothering to lock the door.

Well, it was not like Red Velvet could go anywhere anyway. The chains were simply too heavy, plus, he didn't know what state his arm was in.

So he just leaned back against the wall, hoping he wouldn't get in too much trouble for running his mouth off at the nun.

...

"R-red Velvet!"

"Red V-velvet!"

"r-r-RED VELVET!!!"

Red Velvet opened his eyes with a groan. Had he fallen asleep? How much time passed while he was unconscious?

The darkness of the prison was no brighter than before but Red Velvet's internal clock sensed that it was about five in the morning.

"You're f-finally awake," the voice that was calling his name out earlier said. She sounded like she was trying to be confident but was failing desperately.

Red Velvet glanced at the person who had spoken, which was a nun with light brown hair, freckles, and a scared expression. She was standing outside the prison door with a set of keys in her trembling hand.

Red Velvet ignored her and checked his bonds. The nuns didn't do anything else to him that he was aware of while he was asleep. That was surprising, he could imagine them charging in and cutting off his arm. The fact that his cake arm was still there-- Red Velvet tried to move his claw, causing it to twitch-- was shocking. Maybe the nuns thought the cakehounds wouldn't accept him without his cake features. And he was too important for them to kill since they believed he could control their enemies.

"I-I'm just g-going to give you s-some food..." the nun whimpered, her hand shaking violently as she stuck the key in the lock.

"Thank you, you don't look very tasty but food is food," Red Velvet said, trying to sound sincere. He knew she wasn't referring to herself but he wanted to scare her.

The nun yelped and pulled the key out violently without opening the cell. "I'm n-not the food!"

"Oatmeal Sister!!" a bored voice called from above, "are you done feeding the beast?"

Oatmeal flinched and yelped, causing her to jump three feet into the air.

"Almost!" she called, her voice high pitched.

"I'll do it," the voice said, sounding disgusted.

Oatmeal hung her head in shame as footsteps clacking down the stairs loudly. Red Velvet felt a twinge of pity for Oatmeal but he reminded himself that she was one of the nuns that killed numerous cakehounds and captured him.

A nun with red-brown eyes and not a single piece of hair sticking out of her veil strode into the dungeon, looking around with disgust at the dirtiness of it. She reached forward and snatched the keys out of Oatmeal's hands.

Red Velvet met her eyes, which were practically glowing in the dark. She swung open the door and stepped towards him.

"Get over here, Oatmeal Cookie," she snapped.

"Y-yes, Lava Cookie Sister," Oatmeal said, scampering after the other nun, a tray of something unknown in her arms.

Lava Cookie Cookie? Red Velvet thought.
Lava Cookie stopped in front of Red Velvet. Her foot swung towards his chest and he quickly moved towards the side. His chains pulled him down so that her foot struck his uninjured arm.

Red Velvet clenched his teeth to stop himself from crying out as Oatmeal screamed something about how they were not supposed to hurt him.

"Cake monster," Lava Cookie said, ignoring Oatmeal, "you better be thankful that we were giving you food. You better eat it."