CHAPTER 27

Slipping out of the party was relatively easy. No one seemed to notice that the birthday girl left before eleven o'clock. Then again, they were all distracted by their own amusement from the loud music, delicious snacks and euphoric feeling of the shining neon lights that surrounded them.

Ryan slowly turned his wheel into a nearby, vacant area. I furrowed my brows as I looked through the slightly tinted passenger glass window. There was nothing but a tall lamp post that lit up a single sidewalk alongside a downhill path of grass. "Is this where you wanted to take me? The middle of nowhere?"

"Not quite," he answered as he unbuckled his seat belt. He pointed towards the sidewalk that was on my passenger side, "going up the sidewalk will lead us up to the path of where I want to take you."

"Oh," I nodded. Now that makes more sense. I quickly slipped out of the seat belt as my fingers laced around the smooth, silver door handle.

"Hold on a sec," he caught my attention as he turned his upper torso to reach into the seat behind him. His left hand lightly gripped onto my head rest.

Damn, why is that so hot?!

My pupils suddenly got bigger as I admired his tense arm muscles from up close. Goodness, I bet he could lift me up and throw me over his shoulder as if I weighed light as a dove's feather. "Here," he held up a blue and pink striped gift wrapped present.

"Yay! My present!" I squealed as I excitedly laid the medium sized, square gift on my lap. I untied the delicate, silk pink ribbon that was tied up in its perfect bow. My eyes widened as I tore off the corner of wrapping paper. From just that tiny glimpse, I could already tell what it was. In one quick movement, I roughly ripped off the remaining paper, not caring how messily it flayed across Ryan's car.

"I'm guessing you like it?" Ryan smirked from my reaction.

"Are you kidding?!" I questioned him as I held up the new signature fragrance and body lotion gift set of Daisy Eau So Intense Eau de Parfum by Marc Jacobs. I opened the beautiful box, removing the large perfume bottle from its plastic mold. I held the delicate glass as I popped off the top. Even the bottle top was gorgeous; decorated with two white, large Daisy petals sitting on the sides.

I pumped two spritz onto my wrists and once on my décolleté. The warm, fruity floral scent quickly filled the car. I hummed in delight as the key notes of strawberry, honey, and soft trail of vanilla wafted up to my nostrils. The aroma overwhelmed me with the feeling of taking a juicy bite of a fresh strawberry on a spring day as the sunset glowed over me.

A relaxing activity that I used to enjoy whilst overlooking the top views from my old mansion's bedroom balcony.

"I love it."

A satisfied look etched upon Ryan's face, along with a subtle smile that quickly came and went. "I remember you said the original perfume was your favorite, so I decided to get the new version of it for you."

I was surprised when he told me that he remembered. I could barely even recall when I told him. It had to have been during one of the times when we were studying in his bedroom for our class project.

Either Ryan has a sharp memory or he's a lot more thoughtful than I assumed. But then again, it's probably both.

"Thank you," I absentmindedly leaned over to give his right cheek a quick peck.

Did I just really do that?!

"Uhm, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," I nervously told him. My body seriously is just reacting to things on its own, meanwhile, my brain is clearly on vacation.