ch.4 cooking with zane and pixel

I walked into the kitchen and noticed Zane was getting ready to make dinner. Cole had followed me to get water after mountain climbing. Zane looked at us and gave us a warm smile. "Hey guys! What did you come in for?" He asked. I looked at Cole who nodded. "Oh we came to get a drink after mountain climbing." He responded. Zane nodded and filled a cup of water for both of us. Sliding it down the counter. Cole took a drink and looked at me. "I'm going to go talk to Jay." He said. I nodded and walked further into the kitchen. "Would you like some help with dinner?" I asked, trying to get Zane to chill with me. Zane nodded. "That would be nice." He responded. He gave me some dough to knead while he worked on the sauce. We both worked in silence until Zane spoke up. "So you and Cole were selected to leave huh?" He asked. I looked at him shocked. "How did you know?" I questioned. He gave a small laugh. "Cole told us yesterday when you and Jay were out. And earlier Jay needed to vent to someone. He came to me, knowing I can keep my mouth shut from the others. After all, It's obvious you wanted to tell everyone personally." Zane said, taking the dough from me. I nodded. "Though we had already figured they would pick you and Cole." Pixel said walking into the room with some plants. I looked at her. "You did?" I asked. She nodded. "After the incident with Aspheera you were an obvious choice and with Cole being able to move whole mountains if he really wanted to, it makes sense they would want him secluded as well. However, we did also think Jay would be one of the picked elements but I guess they decided otherwise." Pixel stated. 
Putting the plants down and taking off a couple leaves and Cutting them up. "The thing we couldn't figure out is… how would you feel about it?" Zane asked. I paused and looked at them. "It's fine." I mumbled, grabbing a knife and cutting up some of the leaves of whatever they were using. "My processors are saying otherwise." Zane replied. Pixel nodded. "No need to lie kai. It's reasonable to be afraid of what's going on as many things are a mystery." Pixel stated. I sighed. "I'm fine. I already talked to Cole and Jay about that." I replied. They both looked at each other before Zane spoke up again. "Yet something still bugs you." He replied. I froze. "Tell us kai. What's on your mind?" Pixel asked. I sighed and put the knife down. "Yes I was scared of the idea of not knowing whats going to happen. Jay and master wu already promised me that everything will be fine. While Cole has vowed to not leave me alone for too long when we do get separated. Neither of those things bug me as much as they did anymore." I stated. Zane continued to nudge though. "Then what is?" He asked. I sighed. "What if we don't come back?" I asked. Zane and pixel paused for a moment before pixel spoke up. "That's right… there is that possibility. What would we do if you guys didn't come back? What would you guys do?" She asked. Zane sighed. "If you guys don't come back, we will be fine, kai. Jay will take care of Nya as you asked him… i'll watch Lloyd. However I doubt you won't make your way back home. And we will be waiting for you here. I promise." Zane replied as he put a hand on my shoulder. I gave him a smile. "Thank you Zane… speaking of Lloyd. I should go talk to him shouldn't i?" I replied. Zane nodded. "He deserves to know." Pixel then pitched in. "And so does Nya. It may be hard for them. But what needs to be done. Has to be done." She stated. I nodded. "You're right. Thank you both." I said. Zane and Pixel nodded. "No problem kai. Now go talk to lloyd. We will finish up here." Pixel stated. "Nah I don't think I will yet. I came here to hang out with you guys for a bit. I intend to do so." I replied with a smug smile. Zane laughed. "Of course you are stubborn as always." He stated. I laughed. "You know my stubbornness is a good aspect of my personality, Zane." I replied. He rolled his eyes. "It can be a problem as well." He replied. I laughed. "As if your stubbornness hasn't gotten you into some trouble, Zane." I replied, elbowing his shoulder. Pixel nodded. "Ah yes. Remember the time you didn't listen to me because you thought you could outsmart a Genie." She teased. Zane sighed. "I'm not proud of that moment." He replied. "Well you shouldn't be proud of it. I'm still angry at the fact you just shut me off like that!" Pixel exclaimed. I looked at them confused. "You did what?" I asked. Pixel looked at me and smiled. "He shut me off because he didn't want to listen to me." She replied. I looked at him. "And I thought I was the bad one." I teased. He looked at me. "Look, we were all stressed and I wasn't thinking straight after wu, you and Misaco disappeared and the entire police force after us. Not exactly my proudest moment." He stated. I giggled. "You can get stressed, I had no clue that was a possibility." I teased. Pixel laughed as well. Zane grumbled. "I can't always be the calm one of us you know!" He exclaimed.

Yeah I'm on a roll today.

Questions

1. Theres one word thats been in almost every single chapter. What do you think it is?

Thats all I can think of for this chapter