Chapter 5: I'm... doom

By the time the Nekoma VBC reached the train station, the sun was already set. Golden Week was a busy time. So, it wasn't surprising to find the train still packed with people. They were kind of lucky to get seats. The night came by as they went back to Tokyo and the train became quieter as people reached their destination. And so did the Nekoma VBC. One by one reached their destination, leaving only (y/n), Kenma, and Kuroo with a couple of passengers in the cart.

Vrrr! Vrrr!

Kenma's finger stopped at this. He pulled away from the PSP, fishing out his phone, only to find there wasn't any new email notification or incoming call. "Kuro. Your phone." He simply said, shoving back his phone, before continuing his game.

Kuroo let out a short 'Oh.' Before fishing out his phone, "Nope. Not mine."

Vrrr! Vrrr!

Kenma looked at Kuroo and the black-haired boy did the same. They averted their gaze to the (y/n)-haired girl who sat by herself on the other side of the seats. Each of them lifted an eyebrow at her quiet self. (y/n) shoulder slipped lower than usual, she curled them inward, they were almost touching each other. Arms hugged her backpack. Her face turned pale as they lost their color. Her once excited (e/c) eyes lost their spark, the now dull eyes stared blankly into thin air.

"(y/n)?" Kenma called. No response.

"(y/n)?" Kuroo tried again. Nothing.

Both of them frowned upon this. Kuroo elbowed Kenma gently. He tilted his head at the gloomy girl when Kenma raised an eyebrow at the captain, gesturing the pudding head to ask about the elephant in the room. Kenma silently huffed, sliding his ass to the side of the seats. Lifting his right hand, he gently tapped her shoulder.

"(y/n)?"

Vrrr! Vrrr!

Still nothing.

His shoulders slipped down. His hand crept to grasp her shoulder then he yanked her, "(y/n)!" the boy shut his mouth, did not expect such a loud voice coming out of his mouth. Thankfully, it did work, even though he kind of gained attention from the remaining passengers.

"Kenma? Is there a problem?"

Kenma almost facepalmed himself at her ignorant response. "Your phone."

Then it clicked to her. "Ah!" she muttered an apology before pulling her phone out of her backpack. She flipped her phone open, eyes read the incoming call, then pressed the cancel button.

"Who's calling?"

The captain almost made her heart jump out of her ribs when he leaned down to her. The girl let out a silent gasp and automatically pushed herself back to avoid his sharp gaze, phone pressed to her chest. The captain leaned back and grabbed the dangling grip, noticing her discomfort.

"No one." She was sure he would ask her because she answered too quickly.

"Okay." Kuroo shut his mouth after nodding at her.

The Nekoma captain went back to his seat, whilst Kenma went back to his PSP. Noticing how the pudding head would be too busy with his game, (y/n) lowered her flip phone a little bit, just to give her space for emailing the caller. Little did she know, a pair of golden orbs watching her every move.

To: Kamui Hiroto-san

Subject: Don't call

I'm still on my way. I'll call you once I arrive. Please wait at the usual corner. Thank you.