Chapter 12

We arrived at Mike's cafe and I look over to Riccardo to see how he was feeling about all this and rethinking my decision, but then he gives me a smile.

''You're ready?'' He asks me.

''Are you?'' I ask him back not answering his question.

''Why wouldn't I be'' He tells me and leans in to give me a kiss assuring that it was fine.

He gets out to open my door and give me a hand as I get out of the car. I look up at the cafe's sign and take a deep breath going in, Riccardo following close behind him.

''Mike!'' I say as I see him by the coffee maker. He then turns around and gives me the biggest smile walking over and giving me a friendly hug. I could feel Riccardo tense up a bit so I walk over to him and wrap my hand in his.

''This is Riccardo, Riccardo this is Mike'' I introduce them, realizing I didn't know whether to tell Riccardo was my friends or something more.

''Nice to meet you'' Mike says and reaches out his hand and Riccardo shakes it with noding his head as if agreeing with his 'nice to meet you'

''Come sit, do you want something to drink'' Mike asks us showing us to a table where we could catch up.

''No thank you, we already ate and I am way too full for anything else'' I say nicely.

''So tell me how is Europe?'' Mike then asks and I start to tell him all about Paris and how I met Bella who showed me around Italy, I tell him everything only leaving out the mafia parts of course, and the guards and other stuff that he didn't need to know. As I was talking to him Riccardo didn't let go of me he was always caressing my leg or hand. I could feel Riccardo getting tense up again and I knew that I need to end this visit.

''I think we are gonna go, we still have some things to do'' I tell Mike and he nods his head and smiles. We all get up from the table and I give him a hug and me and Riccardo leave.

As soon as I get in the car I give Riccardo a hug.

''Thank you for letting me do this'' I tell him and he gives me a little fake smile which I shrug off thinking he was just still a little tense.

''Where to next?'' He asks me.

''My apartment? I could take some more clothes as I have been starting to run out of them'' I giggle a little and he nods his head and starts to drive.

''You know that guy we just saw likes you?'' Riccardo tells me with a little anger in his voice.

''Mike?'' I ask him making sure we were thinking about the same person.

''Yes, did you see the way he looked at you with his eyes sparkling like a kid on Christmas '' He growls.

I place my hand on Riccardo's leg and caress it lightly. ''But I don't like him in that way'' I tell him.

''Do you trust me?'' I ask him.

''Yes'' he says letting out a sigh and looking at me while we were standing at the red light.

''Then you have nothing to worry about'' I tell him and lean to kiss him, him returning the kiss.

I feel him relax and starting to smile again as he releases his tension and now squeezing my leg and making me shiver. I want him so bad.

We get to my apartment and we go inside, I turn on all the lights and see the mess that I had left and now feeling embarrassed.

''Don't mind the mess, I was rushing to leave'' I tell to him giggling a little and he gives me a kiss on the back of my head.