𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Thursday

Theo POV

"Bye daddy, I'm headed out for the day. I'm going to stop at the market"

"Wait, wait, Theo."

"Yes?" I say, stopping and turning.

"What are you going to do? What are you getting at the market?"

"I need blue and white paint"

"Ok, be careful and, could you drop this letter off at the Hamilton house darling?" He says handing me a letter.

"Of course"

"Goodbye!"

"Bye!"

I think of the beautiful off-white swirls of clouds I can paint into my sunset with the white paint, and the way I can make a light purple in the middle of the twilight sky just like me and Phillip saw the other night with the blue. After I do that, I can draw the silhouette of two people, young, watching the sunset and talking for hours about everything imaginable and being so,so happy, in a navy blue-ish color.

I wanna give this to Phillip, it's not on a big canvas, small enough to not to be completely full size, but big enough for it to almost be a regular one. As I entered the square of the market I saw all the farm stands and baked goods lined on tables upon tables of smells new and old. I headed to the art shop, my favorite place, the windows lined with fabrics and paintings. I walked into the calm air of the art shop. I was greeted by familiar faces and the same layout that I always knew. This is my favorite place. I say hello to Abigail who works in the shop. After my mother died she had me help her out in the store. It wasn't much help even though I offered, she just wanted to watch after me and make sure I was alright.

"Hello Abigail!" I say to her

"Theodosia! Hello!" She said walking over to me and hugging me tight. "What are you looking for today?"

"I need blue and white paint for a new painting. If it looks good, it'll be a sun set, like the one yesterday. "

"Your paintings are always great Theodosia. Where are you heading after, it appears you have a letter, not to be too nosy but... is it for a boy." My cheeks flush a rosy pink

"N-no, the painting might be if I like how it turns out, but the letter is for Mr. Hamilton, my father asked me to drop it off."

"Oh, how sweet, that boy is lucky Theo. As for the letter, please say hi to Eliza." She says this in a more sad tone. "We haven't spoken in a while, what with the store to run and all her little children running around. Aswell as your mother not being here to keep us together." She takes a pause after speaking of my mother. It was true, they both loved me like a daughter, but since my mother's passing seeing them was not as often. Seeing them together was so rare that it hadn't happened in a year. "I know this time of the year is rough my dear Theodosia, but we'll get through it. You remind me a lot of your mother, you look just like her too."

"Thank you,I really appreciate you being so kind" I say politely, going to grab the paint. I get the lovely colors in the same small size I usually get and bring them to the counter to pay.

"Take them for free, Theo. You are like a daughter to me, could you just take this letter over to miss Eliza, I wrote it for her last night and hadn't gotten around to sending it."she said handing me the letter.

"Of course ms. Abigail"

"Baby, call me Abigail or something but don't add the ms., call me aunt Abby if you want."