Chapter 7

Everyone but Tara and Gulf paid attention to the meeting. 

While Gulf was zoning out and walking down memory lane upon seeing Mew, Tara had spent the entirety of the meeting summoning her courage after deciding she would have a word with Gulf. 

She knew she had no rights to but she couldn't stand by idly watching what he had done to the poor man. Even if it was all in her head and the world had the wrong perception of them both, she was willing to be called a fool.

After the meeting ended and everyone had left, Tara took a deep breath and called out to Gulf. She was a bundle of nerves and her stomach was in knots. Her insides trembled nervously and her brain cursed her for being so reckless. 

"Khun Gulf ka, can we talk?" Her pitch went haywire due to the nervousness. She could feel her pulse through her skin and she felt like throwing up. 

The moment Gulf turned upon her voice, she knew there was no backing out. 

"Krub." Gulf nodded with a small smile. 

He knew she was the female lead since Som had shown him her IG profile but other than that, they hadn't formally spoken to each other yet. He was confused as to why she wanted to speak to him but figured it was due to the series. 

'He's so gorgeous….' Tara thought. She almost got lost in his beauty. Like Mew, Gulf was so handsome it was impossible to not keep staring. 

When she finally managed to stop and focus on the matter at hand, Tara braced herself and led the two of them to the rooftop where there was the least disruption. If the conversation went wrong, at least there's nobody to witness who had murdered who (kidding). 

"My name is Tara Tansanee Sutthiprapha." She started. 

Gulf nodded at her introduction. 

"Krub. Do you need anything?" He asked, though his eyes weren't as terrifyingly intense as Mew, it still made her nervous. 

"I have something to ask…" Gulf nodded and gestured for her to continue. 

At his cue, Tara closed her eyes briefly to prepare herself for whatever might come. She took a breath and spilled the rehearsed lines at one go. 

"Whatever happened to you and P'Mew…?" She took another breath and almost whispered her following question. "...and MewGulf?" Tara averted her gaze. 

"I know I'm not supposed to be interfering but P'Mew and you were my inspiration and seeing you two split up just breaks my heart and...—" 

Gulf's eyebrow knitted and he stared down at Tara, his inner 'type' coming to play. He was taken aback by her question. 

"You're right. You have no right to interfere. Whatever happened to us isn't your business so stop asking." He clenched his fist tightly to refrain himself from breaking down as he interrupted her. 

He tensed up and his stomach started to feel queasy. 

'How insolent.' Gulf thought to himself. 

He wasn't even this angry when his fans reached out to touch him at inappropriate places but this is out of line. 

"If you have nothing else to say, I will be leaving." He stepped aside and made his way even without waiting for her to continue. 

Tara felt anger rising within her again. 

"Fine! It's your loss! Losing P'Mew will be your biggest regret, don't come back begging for him when I start chasing after him!" She turned around and shouted after him. 

She doesn't know where her courage came from but seeing Gulf walking away without any reaction made her livid. 

Tara watched his back become smaller and smaller until it disappeared into the corner where they came from. 

The door shut after him with an amplified bang on the empty rooftop. 

Tara immediately regretted her words and her reckless behaviour. Even if she was angry, she should have thought it through. 

Her legs grew weak at the confrontation and she eventually buckled, giving way and causing her to fall on the cold cement ground.