Cursed

"So... it stuck its hand in you? Ieiri Shoko asked. Again.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Nanami Kento sighed for the fifth time in the span of two minutes. "Yes."

"Inside your chest?"

"Yes."

"And you don't feel anything?" she asked with a puzzled frown.

Kento felt the light touch of her latex clad finger prodding at the middle of his chest. Right where he had seen the curse sink it's arm before he exorcised it.

"No." he said truthfully. It had been an easy job overall. The curse was a Grade 2, nothing he couldn't handle, but it was faster than he had anticipated and it got close enough to touch him and... well sink its arm into him.

"Well I can't find any leftover curse residue. And there's no actual wound..." the doctor sighed and pulled her latex glove off her hand with a snap. "You're as healthy as can be, Nanami."

The blond man nodded, he felt fine. Unsettled, but overall fine. He couldn't argue with Shoko's assessment, however, and attributed his restlessness to the fact that he had witnessed a deformed creature elbow deep in his chest cavity.

"Thank you, Shoko-san." Kento said, taking his declared bill of health as his dismissal and began to pull his shirt back on

"Anytime." she gave Kento the faintest of smiles and reclined in her seat, most likely still mulling over the situation.

"Aw man, don't tell me I missed the examination." a third voice chimed in, slight whine in the tone.

Kento's heart did that little annoying quivering sensation that it always did whenever he was near the strongest Sorcerer.

Shoko snorted softly, while Kento pointedly ignored the white haired man as he let out a wistful sigh. "Such a shame, but I suppose I'll content myself with the small glimpse I was able to see." the sorcerer went on, his playful pout all but vanishing as he turned to the doctor. "How is he?"

"He. " Kento fought hard to keep yet another sigh from spilling past his lips. "Can answer for himself, Gojo-san. I appreciate the concern, but I am fine. The curse wasn't tangible enough to cause any damage."

"Well, that's a relief." Gojo stuffed his hands in his pockets, becoming once more the picture of nonchalance. "I was not looking forward to telling young Itadori that his favorite mentor had been mercilessly skewered."

Kento leveled an unimpressed glare at the teacher but let the matter drop. He ignored the way that his heart picked up in speed in his chest, leaping with glee at the sight that was his former classmate.

There were moments, just like this one, where Kento often wondered if it was some cosmic joke that he was unable to grow out of his crush for the silver haired Sorcerer. It had grown and blossomed over the course of his highschool days and no matter how much the blond tried to reject the idea with logic and persuasions, the incessant fondness he held for Gojo Satoru remained.

The heart wants what the heart wants. Satoru had said that once, long ago when they were younger. Children, really. It was a flippant passing comment spoken without much thought--in response to someone scolding him to all of the sugar he was inhaling.

The saying had unwittingly stuck with Kento, and perfectly described his predicament. He was fond of Gojo and his silliness, and no matter how annoying the older man could be, he somehow found himself falling more in love with him.

"I'm submitting the report now, clearing you of any wounds but I recommend you take a few days off in case whatever happened has a delayed reaction." Shoko spoke as she typed away at her laptop, the clicking keys tapered off into silence when she entered the last word and submitted whatever report she had been working on.