THE GHOST

I was then walking through the little shed, looking for anything that could be of use, knowing that I would need to keep it somewhere safe. I grabbed my shovel and walked off to the side of the cabin. It didn't take too long for me to dig a hole, placing the shovel at the base of it. I then performed the same process with my axe, placing the axe in the bottom. The next thing to do was to use my shovel and make a little rough circle in the dirt with the axe. This made enough room to grab the cases, and then I put the axe on top of it.
I took a few steps back and looked in the hole, the light streaming in behind me. I began to try and remember some of the things I had learned about the stars. I remembered that the north star was only about 2 feet away from the handle of the Big Dipper. I didn't remember which one of the stars was Polaris, but that didn't matter. I knew which direction it was. I could walk by its light to the cabin, and it would lead me to safety. I knew I would be able to get back safely. I looked up again, and was sure of my correct direction.
The moon made the whole place beautiful, but it was a calm place. I walked out of the shed and looked out. I was walking by the side of the cabin and on over to the porch. That's when I saw a man sitting in the corner of the porch. I could see the outline, but I also knew that he saw me. The man walked, and I knew that he walked towards me. I tried to see which hand was extended, ready to grab me. It was his left hand, and I knew it was going to grab me. I reached out and grabbed his forearm, I pulled towards me and turned it around, the elbow pointing towards his back, and I pushed against him. I grabbed him by the back of the hair and pushed his head downward. He fell. As he turned to me I grabbed my axe, but as he turned I saw it wasn't him or anyone else. I saw a shadow, a dark figure. There was someone there, on the other side of the door.
The door was shut, there was no one in the cabin. When I looked back I could see the man well enough to see that he was not just a man, he was an un-kept ghost. I knew it wasn't the one that had attacked me, it was the one wearing his shirt, his clothes were dirty. He had a long-sleeve shirt on. I looked around. I was sure that he had a gun, he was keeping the other one far enough from him that the one that was coming from behind him would not be hidden.
I walked to the porch and out of the corner of my eye I could see the one that had been outside of the cabin. He started walking towards me, the one I had grabbed and pushed down. I took a step back and turned to see his bleeding body fall to the ground and then freeze. I stopped in my tracks and watched his chest rise, and then fall back down. I turned to the man, who had stood up and was looking back at me. His eyes weren't resting on me, but on the man that stood frozen.