Eric carr x ace - sick behind drums pt 1

Unmasked era

Eric's pov
I woke up in the limo an hour before we arrived at the venue we were gonna be performing at tonight. Apparently I fell asleep, which makes sense. I've been touring with kiss for only a few weeks and I've only gotten a few hours of sleep each night. I kept falling asleep on our way to the venues every day. But this time when I woke up, Ace was next to me.
"You're up. Tired much?" He chuckled and I felt myself blush.
"Mhm." I nodded, rubbing my eyes.
"How much sleep did you get last night?" He asked.
"I don't know. I fell asleep at like 5 am and woke up whenever you came into my room telling me to get up." I said before yawning and looking out the window. Before I turned my head, I slightly saw Ace blush a little, then he turned his head as well.
"Why you looking down Ace?" Paul teased. I turned my head and raised an eyebrow and Ace shook his head.
"Nothing." Ace replied, clasping his hands together in his lap. I looked back at hi, before turning my head back and shutting my eyes.

*time skip*

I woke up about an hour later and we made it to the venue. I woke up and squinted my eyes. I shook my head and let out a yawn. Ace was gonna say something, but saw me and blushed before quickly looking away. 'Why is he blushing so much? Is he sick?' I thought to myself.
Once we got in the venue, I decided to say something.
"Ace?" I asked him, put my hand on his shoulder.
"Huh?" He whipped around and his face got pale.
"Are you feeling ok? You haven't been yourself today." I asked him worried.
"Uh...y-yeah. I'm fine." He said shyly, looking down. I looked at him with an 'are you sure' look and he walked away.
"What's wrong with him?" Paul asked suddenly, making me jump.
"Oh. I don't know." I looked down. Paul walked over to him. I went ahead and went to mine, Gene, and Ace's dressing room.

Ace's pov

"Are you feeling ok? You've been acting weird all day. Especially around Eric." Paul asked. I'm scared. I don't know if I should tell him that I like Eric.
"I mean. You should have a hint by what you just said. About Eric." I shyly replied, crossing my arms and looking down.
"Huh? What about Eric?" He replied.
"Don't be mad. Please?" I reply. He puts both his arms on my shoulders.
"Why would I be mad?" He asked.
"I-I kind of. Umm. Have feelings...for him. For Eric. I like him. Love." I stuttered.
"Oh. Ok. Well. Um. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in love with Gene." He told me. My head shot up.
"Y-you do?" I smiled.
"Yeah. Don't tell him and I won't tell Eric?" He asked.
"Deal." I replied and he patted my back.
"Alright. Let's go." He said.
I walked into the dressing room with Eric and Gene. Eric was talking to Gene and his head shot up when he saw me, eyes widening. I raised an eyebrow, then blushed I shook my head and got started on my makeup.

*time skip*

It was 6:30 and we all finished our makeup and getting our outfits on. Now we're all just hanging out. I couldn't keep my eyes off Eric, until he left to use the bathroom.
"I can tell you like him." Gene said out of nowhere. I shot my eyes up to look at him.
"Huh?"
"You're not keeping it hidden at all. You were just staring at him for like 5 minutes." He said.
"I was just staring off. Into space. Means nothing." I said, trying to convince him I didn't like him. More so that I am straight.
"You can say that but the look in your face said more." He smirked. I just looked away cuz there was no backing out of that one.
"Uhuh. Yeah. Can't get out of that one can you?" I heard him say.
"Ok. Fine. I like him. But you can't tell him." I said.
"You don't just like him. Admit that your head over heels in love with him." He stood up, walking over to me.
"I-fine. I love him." I said.
"Not good enough. Tell me how much you love him how long you've loved him for." He said. It felt like he was staring into my soul.
"I-I've loved him. His beautiful eyes. His gorgeous lips. His fluffy, curly hair. Everything about him. His personality and how he's always looking out for other people. Since he got in the band. I love him. So much. And I know he doesn't feel the same way so it's really just stupid that you're making me do this!" I shouted at him, tears about to fall from my eyes.
"Woah. Chill. Calm down. I won't tell him. I wasn't expecting you to actually do it." Gene crossed his arms and laughed.
"Anyway. I'm gonna go get something to eat." He said. I just stood there for a minute trying to wrap my head around why I told Gene all of that.
I went out after about 5 minutes and saw Gene and Paul talking. I wonder if Gene likes Paul.
"Have you seen Eric in the past 20 minutes?" Gene asked.
"No. Why." Paul shook his head.
"He left for the bathroom about that long ago." Gene replied. Once he said that, Eric came into the room.
"Hey Eric. Are you ok?" I ask him as I lean against the wall.
"Uh...yeah." He looked down.
"Ok." I said squinting my eyes at him, silently telling him that I didn't believe him.