Night in the garden

I have a bad habit. After I have to go to bed, I always sit out in my window, grab a book, and read at candlelight. Tonight, after Cornelia help me get rid of my fancy clothes and accessories, and my hair was finally unfolded, I grabbed my favourite book, but as I was about to light a candle, I heard steps coming. You know, it's forbidden for me to stay up at night, so I quickly ran to my bad. But the voices that I heard wasn't from my parents. Instead more like Chris's and the King's. So as quietly as I could, I sneaked to my door, and started sounding carefully.
-But dad-I mean, father! I saw it on her face, that she doesn't like me! I hate your desidion! She is... I don't know. A kid?
- Be quiet, my son, and pay attention. Here, I am the one and ONLY desidion-maker.- I heard the voice of The King of Eletnia. - You are going to ast like you love her.
- What? No. I'd rather die.
- Really, son? You defy to my plans?! - raise his voice The King.
- No. No, I don't, your majesty.
-Good. With her, there comes great power too, as you know it. So at least, you going to bear her.
- I'll try, father. Good night! - I could feel the agressiveness in Christopher's voice.
-See you tomorrow, son.- said goodbye The King.
Heavy, slow steps lowered into a room, not so far from mine. Then quick, angry steps stormed downstairs, in the right way to the garden. I decided to go follow Chris.
As I walked after him I saw that he walked on our pier. Chris took off his shoes, dipped his feet into the warm water, and looked up to the clear night sky. I took a deep breath, and walk down on the main path. When I reached him, I thought arose from a bush, and sat next to him on the pier.
-Listen, I know, that we've only known each other for a day, but if you would like to talk about it, then...
-You heard everything, didn't you?
He wasn't asking this madly. I only felt sadness in his voice. We sat in silence for a long time. Finally, Chris broke the silence.
- Sorry because of my behaviour. It wasn't for you. It was for my dad.
- Let me guess. He is looking at you as a property. You're just a figure in their chess party. You can't make your own decisions. You feel like your life is worthless, and not even yours. And you're alone. Am I right?- I looked at him.
- How...? - Chris looked surprised.
- Hi, good morning, I'm also a spoilt kid. I also feel this since I can remember.
-I just... hate it!- Chris shook his head.
- Me too. You know, you're not the first prince they want to marry me. But those Kings always found a better option than me. And I am perfectly fine with that!
-You had 'fiancés' before?
-Yepp.
-Wow. And I thought my father was insane.- said Chris in disbelief.
I chuckled.
-But this time, it's different. I signed the paper, which says that we agree with the marriage.- I turned serious.
-Yes. I didn't really had an option. If I didn't sign it, I would be living on the streets right now.- he paused for a second.- I just can't get used to this.
-Me either. But what could we do? Any ideas?- I asked.
-We can only possibly delay the wedding, because my dad won't give up on ruling your territory, unless he can find a better bargain.
-Great, now I'm a bargain.- I rolled my eyes.
-No, no I didn't mean it!- he started to apologise
-I know, I know, just kidding- I laughed happily first since a really long time.
There was a long silence. I started to pull out the petals of my rose and I threw them into the water. I felt that Chris was looking at me and I suddenly felt ashamed being in my pyjamas in front of him.
-Your hair is more beautiful when it's unfolded.-said suddenly Chris.
My face went tomato-red, and I quickly looked over the lake. A cool breeze came and I shivered. -It's getting cold out here, I better go now.- I stood up suddenly and walked back into the palace. I ran up to my room, and my heart was beating like a small drum. I hoped it was only because of the run.
My window has a view on the lake (and the pier too), so I sat out there, and wached the stars. Only the stars. Totally not that, that Chris, not nowing about my window, took off his shirt and started swimming. Me? Never.
I was surrounded by roses, and their sweet parfume drug me. Everything was so quiet and peaceful.
When Chris got out, I quickly jumped into my room, and ran to my bed. I fell asleep really hard that night.