Guess who has trauma?

In the next morning, there were some dark clouds on the coastline. But still, after breakfasts, we had to go out to the garden. Together, alone. Not a forced date. Not at aaall.
I saw that Chris didn't like our roses. I didn't get it, they were beautiful! So I asked him.
-They remember me to my mum.- he said.
-The Queen? And why is that a problem? -I still didn't understand.
-No, not the Queen, she's my stepmother. My real one died when I was five. -he said.
-Oh my... I'm really sorry.
-No, you're not. You just say this, because you have to.- he chuckled.- you have no idea how much I miss her. I had to watch her dying. She was so sick, that she couldn't eat! My dad gets worse and worse with every new wife of his! I hate it! Why did she have to... She was the only one who... Who understood...
I didn't know what to say. I had a strong feeling, that Chris didn't have a Cornelia to talk to. The past thirteen years, he has been hiding his feelings from everyone.
The next thing that I did was probably stupid. I grabbed his shoulders and hugged him. I was surprised, that he didn't push me away. First, he just stood there, not knowing what to do, but then he buried his face into my thick hair. I felt his shoulders trembling. I patted his back and he finally let me go.
-Thanks. -he muttured. -Anyways, we should go in for lunch.
In the afternoon, the black clouds got even bigger and darker, so we didn't have to go out again. Instead, we went in my library, and told stories to each other. Chris went to change clothes. After all, we were all alone, and royal clothes are incredibly uncomfortable. But I had to stay there. You know, "royal girls" mustn't wear "inappropriate" clothes in front of others. When Chris got back, he looked surprised that I didn't change.
-What? -I asked.
- I don't know...- he said.- I thought you will change too.
-Oh. Yeah funny thing. I mustn't.
-Is this an "I mustn't because my parents told not to", or an "I mustn't, because I don't want to" ?
-The first one. You don't know what I'd give to get rid of these stupid accessories.
-Then go and do it.- Chris open his arms laughing in disbelief.
As I was walking out the door a huge thunder shook the building.
The library had a big glass window, so Chris and I both run there, ti see what happened.

Later that day, my life got totally out of control.