Paimon is back

Author's note
Reminder: Paimon brings flowers of glaze lily and qingxin. Qingxin flowers grow in high points such as cliffs so Paimon had a little problem despite being able to levitate (this ability of hers works only until centrain point above ground she's "flying" over).

Thoma's POV

After a long time of waiting Paimon came back carrying flowers I told her to bring. "Thank you, Paimon!" I said then started making flowercrowns with Aether and Paimon. It turned out that Paimon brought too many qingxin flowers. "We can use them when we get a headache later." said Aether putting the flowers in his traveler's bag. I felt pride knowing that Aether is aknowledged in usage of different flora. After Aether finished packing the flowers I hugged him, I just felt a need to do it. Paimon looked at us surprised "You're together!?" she shouted. None of us said anything, we just smiled, Aether's smile looked more awkward while mine showed true joy. Paimon was speachless for a moment then said "As long as traveler is okay with it I can accept it" with a half-serious tone.

Aether's POV

After I finished packing the flowers Thoma immediately hugged me. I felt safe again. One minute later I realised that Paimon saw us. "You're together!?" she asked us in a surprised tone. I didn't know what to say so I just smiled, so did Thoma. It took some time for Paimon to speak and when she did "As long as traveler is okay with it I can accept it", she seemed more serious than when she called Kaeya a liar.

"I'm okay with that" I said looking at Thoma. Paimon smiled "Well then- umm..." she was interrupted by her own stomach. "I guess it's time to eat, follow me" I said and walked to the stove near vegetable stall. I turned around "What would you like me to cook?" I asked Paimon, "Maybe Thoma will cook this time?" she suggested. I nodded without saying a word, I cook for her most of the time afterall. Thoma smiled "Get ready for a good meal" he said as he walked to the stove.

Author's note

The informations you can find about the dish (screenshot taken by me):

Thoma's POV

I made my special dish and gave it to Paimon. "Mhm Paimon is full, thanks Thoma!" she thanked me finishing the meal. With corner of my eye I noticed Aether smiling, it wasn't awkward anymore but happy. It made me smile again. I walked up to Aether and kissed him on the cheek. He didn't hesitate and kissed me on the lips. "I love you" I said to him, "I love you too" he replied and kissed me again. Paimon started looking around not to watch us as me and Aether continued being lovely over each other. At one moment Paimon couldn't take it "How about we continue our travel?" she proposed clearly having a crisis between not wanting to see what was going on and staying.

Aether's POV

"How about we continue our travel?" asked Paimon, I was about to agree then I heard a familiar voice "Well isn't it my friend? Welcome back." it was Zhongli. "Hello Zhongli" I answered but he seemed to be distracted. Thoma hugged me not saying a thing. Paimon was the one to speak "Uh mister Zhongli? Traveler said hello.", Zhongli looked at her "Ah- I'm sorry I was just watching over a child" he said pointing at Qiqi who was dancing in one place also singing "Qiqi does a spin, Qiqi dances.". Zhongli sighed "The fact that she has to speak like that not to forget her own name gives me a heartache" he explained clearly concerned.

A moment later I noticed something unusual for him, he was crying. "Zhongli-" I spoke but couldn't say anything more than his name. Thoma hugged me even tighter, I looked at him and saw him asleep. Zhongli wiped his tears away "You don't have to worry about me, my friend" he looked at me "Do you need any help, a place to stay or are you leaving soon?". I couldn't leave after what I saw "We'll stay a little more". Zhongli showed us a place to stay and left.

Author's note
I have to stop watching voiced comics on YouTube... In next chapter I may add Childe who will explain why Zhongli being able to cry and why it's strange. For those who don't want to wait: